Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:19 am

confusedalot wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am
yep...yer delusional. one week on one week off, plus well over six figures, plus all of those airfares, plus, plus, plus.

How come all of us broken people out there never came across such a sweet deal? Even someone as stupid as me would have heard about such things after 39 years, no? Are you working for a Saudi prince? If so, hey, why not hire me, I gots lotsa jet time :lol:

What airfares?

And no, Im not flying corp, specialty air service

But legit, you've been in the industry for almost 40 years and cant break 100k or have a good sched?
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 962
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:18 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by JohnnyHotRocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:42 am

Oh to have been born in the USA with such great timing.....
Obviously too young to have ever seen a furlough
---------- ADS -----------
  

fish4life
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1662
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by fish4life » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:03 am

confusedalot wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am
yep...yer delusional. one week on one week off, plus well over six figures, plus all of those airfares, plus, plus, plus.

How come all of us broken people out there never came across such a sweet deal? Even someone as stupid as me would have heard about such things after 39 years, no? Are you working for a Saudi prince? If so, hey, why not hire me, I gots lotsa jet time :lol:
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopi ... c#p1027248

between salary which is roughly $100k then all the bonuses this will be 130-140/yr for a Metro 2 so a very easily attainable position with someone that has 1500 hours ATPL and 500 MPIC
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by confusedalot » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 am

140K per year to fly a metro, sign me up.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

digits_
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:26 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by digits_ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:31 am

confusedalot wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:18 am
140K per year to fly a metro, sign me up.
Don't forget the rolling duty day though. Nice money, but you'll be tired and get deaf while doing it.
---------- ADS -----------
  

skybluetrek
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by skybluetrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am

SuperchargedRS, millennial or not you're for sure one entitled specimen. Making history by shaking the rules of the neoliberal capitalist system from your little pilot base in Canada. Wow!
Get a grip mate, don't call yoursefl part of those ''better/real men'' yet. What hurts this industry far more than the money situation is people with your kind of attitude and lack of personal integrity.

Thanks for bragging about everything you have, but remember, ''you don't Own those things, they Own you''.
---------- ADS -----------
  

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am

skybluetrek wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am
SuperchargedRS, millennial or not you're for sure one entitled specimen. Making history by shaking the rules of the neoliberal capitalist system from your little pilot base in Canada. Wow!
Get a grip mate, don't call yoursefl part of those ''better/real men'' yet. What hurts this industry far more than the money situation is people with your kind of attitude and lack of personal integrity.

Thanks for bragging about everything you have, but remember, ''you don't Own those things, they Own you''.

You're using words that I don't think you understand the meaning to, or perhaps you don't understand what I've said here.

I am very much NOT entitled, I do not believe I am entitled to anything beyond my basic constitutional rights, I've also been called quite a few things, liberal is not often one of them lol

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/Submit
noun
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.


I'm lacking integrity??? When others yearn to scamper across the boarder to eat American pilots' scraps vs putting their own house in order?
I lack integrity when I'm working (and winning) at increasing the pay of myself and my coworkers, while also making the company a good deal of money?

Here's the deal, I'm not entitled to the companies money, and the company is not entitled to my piloting services, however with negotiation and leverage on both sides we meet at a place that both sides find acceptable, I fly for them and make them money, I in turn get some of their money, the company can refuse to accept my offer and pay me what I think is fair, just as I can refuse to fly for them if I don't think their offering is fair.

And as per your soclaist bum like statement, no I own my stuff, and frankly it's all just toys and things which I use as an instrument of adventure, or shelter, or utlitly, I could pile all my cars and planes and home and everything else together and burn it, wouldn't change my self image or worth, not one damn iota.


See we're back to this self flagellation that Canadians and socialists seem to hold to some high regard, as if having some bum lifestyle, where you roam the earth with no possessions or ambition has become trendy, you talk down your profession, are ashamed of your successes, etc, etc
IMO It's a f'ing mental disorder

https://youtu.be/uCB42DDDXPI









So now it's your turn, turn off your TV, step back from your timmys, and talk with your fellow pilots; if you think you're under compensated, find a unified voice and a unified list of reasonable wants and go talk to management, they can always say no, you can always not fly for them, or you both meet somewhere in the middle, moving forward don't take jobs that pay for crap and those companies will ether pay more or go out of business.

You're responsible for your own future, take charge and make it a good one.
---------- ADS -----------
  

skybluetrek
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:53 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by skybluetrek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 pm

SuperchargedRS wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:41 am
skybluetrek wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 am
SuperchargedRS, millennial or not you're for sure one entitled specimen. Making history by shaking the rules of the neoliberal capitalist system from your little pilot base in Canada. Wow!
Get a grip mate, don't call yoursefl part of those ''better/real men'' yet. What hurts this industry far more than the money situation is people with your kind of attitude and lack of personal integrity.

Thanks for bragging about everything you have, but remember, ''you don't Own those things, they Own you''.

You're using words that I don't think you understand the meaning to, or perhaps you don't understand what I've said here.

I am very much NOT entitled, I do not believe I am entitled to anything beyond my basic constitutional rights, I've also been called quite a few things, liberal is not often one of them lol

in·teg·ri·ty
inˈteɡrədē/Submit
noun
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.


I'm lacking integrity??? When others yearn to scamper across the boarder to eat American pilots' scraps vs putting their own house in order?
I lack integrity when I'm working (and winning) at increasing the pay of myself and my coworkers, while also making the company a good deal of money?

Here's the deal, I'm not entitled to the companies money, and the company is not entitled to my piloting services, however with negotiation and leverage on both sides we meet at a place that both sides find acceptable, I fly for them and make them money, I in turn get some of their money, the company can refuse to accept my offer and pay me what I think is fair, just as I can refuse to fly for them if I don't think their offering is fair.

And as per your soclaist bum like statement, no I own my stuff, and frankly it's all just toys and things which I use as an instrument of adventure, or shelter, or utlitly, I could pile all my cars and planes and home and everything else together and burn it, wouldn't change my self image or worth, not one damn iota.


See we're back to this self flagellation that Canadians and socialists seem to hold to some high regard, as if having some bum lifestyle, where you roam the earth with no possessions or ambition has become trendy, you talk down your profession, are ashamed of your successes, etc, etc
IMO It's a f'ing mental disorder

https://youtu.be/uCB42DDDXPI









So now it's your turn, turn off your TV, step back from your timmys, and talk with your fellow pilots; if you think you're under compensated, find a unified voice and a unified list of reasonable wants and go talk to management, they can always say no, you can always not fly for them, or you both meet somewhere in the middle, moving forward don't take jobs that pay for crap and those companies will ether pay more or go out of business.

You're responsible for your own future, take charge and make it a good one.
To disparage others and their choices because you think you're entitled to the ''truth'' about what everybody should be doing to make this a better industry shows a lack of adherence to moral and ethical principles = lack of integrity. And as long as the level of disrespect to fellow pilots remains as shown on this blog, we will never stand together for a common cause.
I understand what you're trying to say, and we all want working conditions to keep improving, but misprizing those who chose a different approach to their lifes and careers, in the name of improving the national industry is not the way. And you're right, it doesn't make you sound like a liberal, more like a member of the National Socialist Canadian Workers' Party.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Lemon
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by Lemon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 pm

The only reason he went to the states is because he failed out of college in Canada and couldn’t get a job here, so he went to the states back when the regionals were paying FO’s 16k a year. Now the tables have turned in the last 5 years with regards to wages, and he’s telling us Canadian Pilots now lack integrity. :roll:
---------- ADS -----------
  

Anon1234
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:26 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by Anon1234 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm

If it's one thing I've learned from my time on AvCanada is that Supercharge is perfect! He's never made a mistake and even when Confed didn't work out for him it was no fault of his own (instead it was the "mystery exam").

I'm really starting to realize there will always be people in situations completely different from yours b******* and moaning about what you should do. Just do what you feel is right. Don't undercut others (Golden rule level ****). The haters are going to hate either way.

If heading south to fly for a US regional puts you and your family in a better position and you can accept the consequences go for it. Supercharge will be critical of you no matter what you chose.
---------- ADS -----------
  

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 pm

skybluetrek wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 pm

To disparage others and their choices because you think you're entitled to the ''truth'' about what everybody should be doing to make this a better industry shows a lack of adherence to moral and ethical principles = lack of integrity. And as long as the level of disrespect to fellow pilots remains as shown on this blog, we will never stand together for a common cause.
I understand what you're trying to say, and we all want working conditions to keep improving, but misprizing those who chose a different approach to their lifes and careers, in the name of improving the national industry is not the way. And you're right, it doesn't make you sound like a liberal, more like a member of the National Socialist Canadian Workers' Party.

Dude, I'm far from a socialist when I'm advocating for people to use freemarket and supply and demand in their favor.

No where did I approve of government handouts.

Lemon wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 pm
The only reason he went to the states is because he failed out of college in Canada and couldn’t get a job here, so he went to the states back when the regionals were paying FO’s 16k a year. Now the tables have turned in the last 5 years with regards to wages, and he’s telling us Canadian Pilots now lack integrity. :roll:

You're right, despite my real degrees I earned when I was only 18 and great marks, I did manage to completely bomb that last test, along with a good chunk of the rest of the class, frankly it was my fault, I shouldn't have gone to that school, really showed my lack of skill as I breezed through flight training down south in tailwheel, backcountry, floats, etc and with my progression through the industry. You don't want to be like a failure like me lol

Also who the hell works for 16k a year? My first job as a 250hr wonder I was making well over double that.


I'm saying people should keep their own house in order instead of moving to places where other did the work and eating their scraps like locusts


But you're right, why listen to me when you can listen to folks like that other guy who's been flying longer than I've been alive and can't even crack 6 figures or work a decent sched



The issue is the culture, even years back nearly no one in the US who earned their CPL would be working as a dock hand, where as if you said I don't want to work the dock here, everyone jumped down your throat. Gee, wonder why you have the pay difference you do between a imaginary line on the ground.

Plus WTF is up with the pilot self flagellation you see all the time? Keep saying you're not a professional and looking down your nose at people who made money or helped other make money, bet the companies salivate when they here that stuff.

Anon1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm

If heading south to fly for a US regional puts you and your family in a better position and you can accept the consequences go for it. Supercharge will be critical of you no matter what you chose.
And your kids and wife are still Canadian right? So wouldn't working to leave their country of citizenship a better place for them be in their benifit?
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 962
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:18 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by JohnnyHotRocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

WTF? You failed out of confed???
Bwahahahahahaha no wonder you act like such a douche!
---------- ADS -----------
  

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm

JohnnyHotRocks wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm
WTF? You failed out of confed???
Bwahahahahahaha no wonder you act like such a douche!

Yup I did, I ended up having to settle for more money that apparently many here make and a better pilot schedule too, don't be like me lol
---------- ADS -----------
  

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:15 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by flyzam » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:44 pm

SuperchargedRS wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm
JohnnyHotRocks wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm
WTF? You failed out of confed???
Bwahahahahahaha no wonder you act like such a douche!

Yup I did, I ended up having to settle for more money that apparently many here make and a better pilot schedule too, don't be like me lol
Supercharged. Your ego has its own noticable gravitational field.

No, that is not a compliment.
---------- ADS -----------
  

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:46 pm

flyzam wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:44 pm
SuperchargedRS wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:35 pm
JohnnyHotRocks wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm
WTF? You failed out of confed???
Bwahahahahahaha no wonder you act like such a douche!

Yup I did, I ended up having to settle for more money that apparently many here make and a better pilot schedule too, don't be like me lol
Supercharged. Your ego has its own noticable gravitational field.

No, that is not a compliment.

Just trying to counter the lack of self respect and respect for the industry that many here have :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
  

mbav8r
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1930
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by mbav8r » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm

SuperchargedRS wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:08 pm
skybluetrek wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:15 pm

To disparage others and their choices because you think you're entitled to the ''truth'' about what everybody should be doing to make this a better industry shows a lack of adherence to moral and ethical principles = lack of integrity. And as long as the level of disrespect to fellow pilots remains as shown on this blog, we will never stand together for a common cause.
I understand what you're trying to say, and we all want working conditions to keep improving, but misprizing those who chose a different approach to their lifes and careers, in the name of improving the national industry is not the way. And you're right, it doesn't make you sound like a liberal, more like a member of the National Socialist Canadian Workers' Party.

Dude, I'm far from a socialist when I'm advocating for people to use freemarket and supply and demand in their favor.

No where did I approve of government handouts.

Lemon wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 pm
The only reason he went to the states is because he failed out of college in Canada and couldn’t get a job here, so he went to the states back when the regionals were paying FO’s 16k a year. Now the tables have turned in the last 5 years with regards to wages, and he’s telling us Canadian Pilots now lack integrity. :roll:

You're right, despite my real degrees I earned when I was only 18 and great marks, I did manage to completely bomb that last test, along with a good chunk of the rest of the class, frankly it was my fault, I shouldn't have gone to that school, really showed my lack of skill as I breezed through flight training down south in tailwheel, backcountry, floats, etc and with my progression through the industry. You don't want to be like a failure like me lol

Also who the hell works for 16k a year? My first job as a 250hr wonder I was making well over double that.


I'm saying people should keep their own house in order instead of moving to places where other did the work and eating their scraps like locusts


But you're right, why listen to me when you can listen to folks like that other guy who's been flying longer than I've been alive and can't even crack 6 figures or work a decent sched



The issue is the culture, even years back nearly no one in the US who earned their CPL would be working as a dock hand, where as if you said I don't want to work the dock here, everyone jumped down your throat. Gee, wonder why you have the pay difference you do between a imaginary line on the ground.

Plus WTF is up with the pilot self flagellation you see all the time? Keep saying you're not a professional and looking down your nose at people who made money or helped other make money, bet the companies salivate when they here that stuff.

Anon1234 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:52 pm

If heading south to fly for a US regional puts you and your family in a better position and you can accept the consequences go for it. Supercharge will be critical of you no matter what you chose.
And your kids and wife are still Canadian right? So wouldn't working to leave their country of citizenship a better place for them be in their benifit?
I asked the question before to no avail, how does one drop out of high school then go on to get a degree or two by age 18? What school accepts high school drops outs that are not “mature students” and gives out degrees(pl.).
So, you did what your campaigning against here at a time when Is was truly pitiful, hypocrite with zero credibility!
Also, your understanding about how this would affect the Canadian market is lacking, imagine pilots were not available to fill positions at Canadian carriers because they crossed the border for better pay, what oh what could said Canadian company do to fill those spots? Perhaps raise wages?
Below is a quote from operation orange, a movement in the US that never materialized, your assertions that pilots can organize in Canada to “fix” are own country has been contemplated. The only thing fixing the US is the 1500 hr rule and your 12,500 dollar raise has more to do with that than your superior negotiating skills!
http://www.operationorange.org/
“The thinking needs to change. Nobody will change their thinking until the pilots do so. Once the pilots demonstrate the resolve to withdraw their labor, en masse, lawmakers, regulators, and managers will be forced to change their thinking”
I will reiterate, you’re a hypocrite and in my mind full of s#*t and Zero credibility, this reeks of self preservation.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by confusedalot » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:58 pm

That ''other guy'', that would be me, worked from 1980 to 2016. So no, seldom made over 100K, 30, 20, 10 years ago. You were not even born when I was a dash 8 captain. You know the ones, they now have jazz splashed all over them. But alas I moved on and the realities of the economy had this nasty tendancy to intrude into my affairs, poor little ol' me.

I am now out of the business, and much of what you do not know is that my generation went through countless bankruptcies, downsizings, mass layoffs, and all of that fun stuff, yet, somehow, if I get this right, I am to blame, right? If none of these places went kaput, who knows, maybe I would be the one poo pooing you as to how come you are not making well over 280K like me!

Get a grip golden boy, you don't know how lucky you are to be born at a certain time and place, yet even I find it amusing that you washed out of a system that I miraculously had zero troubles getting through in 1979, imagine that, and yet you proceed to be the great guru of the skies.

Sure hope it doesn't happen, but someday you may just get a nasty wakeup call through no doing of your own, and you will be eating your words. You know, like, maybe your boss does not want airplanes anymore? It's been known to happen. Then go find yourself a ''well into six figure job'' at the snap of your fingers, good luck with that.

Sheesh.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

User avatar
JohnnyHotRocks
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 962
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:18 am

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by JohnnyHotRocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:19 pm

You just got told, junior
Bwahahahahahahahaha
---------- ADS -----------
  

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:23 pm

mbav8r wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm
I asked the question before to no avail, how does one drop out of high school then go on to get a degree or two by age 18? What school accepts high school drops outs that are not “mature students” and gives out degrees(pl.).
I must not have seen it, I got no issue answering the question, US schools go off ability, little less sketchy compared to places like confed.

I left highschool early as I wasn't really getting too much out of it, had good marks, was popular enough, but after a couple years I got what I was going to get out of it.

Dropped out, took the GED, scary that some folks need to study for that, just walked in and knocked it out.

Found the school I wanted to go to, presented the GED, took a compass test (I think that was what it was called), qualified for all the normal 1st year classes and a few advanced classes, did my two years and got my degree while being in the volunteer FD and working on the side, after those two years I was accepted into a few nice universities, just didn't have the return on investment for the tuition IMO so I stuck with my 2 year and entered the job market and did pretty well before I started up flight training.

mbav8r wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm
So, you did what your campaigning against here at a time when Is was truly pitiful, hypocrite with zero credibility!
Also, your understanding about how this would affect the Canadian market is lacking, imagine pilots were not available to fill positions at Canadian carriers because they crossed the border for better pay, what oh what could said Canadian company do to fill those spots? Perhaps raise wages?
Below is a quote from operation orange, a movement in the US that never materialized, your assertions that pilots can organize in Canada to “fix” are own country has been contemplated. The only thing fixing the US is the 1500 hr rule and your 12,500 dollar raise has more to do with that than your superior negotiating skills!
http://www.operationorange.org/
“The thinking needs to change. Nobody will change their thinking until the pilots do so. Once the pilots demonstrate the resolve to withdraw their labor, en masse, lawmakers, regulators, and managers will be forced to change their thinking”
I will reiterate, you’re a hypocrite and in my mind full of s#*t and Zero credibility, this reeks of self preservation.
Really? I never took a chit job and I have been the difference I wanted to see in my little corner of aviation, what have you done?

Call me whatever you want, but I've actually done it, you?

As to the raise, it was well after that, I could get into the details, but suffice to say, things could have easily gone on the way they were without that bonus regardless of the ATP rule changes.
---------- ADS -----------
  

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by atphat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Yes. The douche chills run deep with Supercharged.
---------- ADS -----------
  

mbav8r
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1930
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:11 am
Location: Manitoba

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by mbav8r » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:38 pm

SuperchargedRS wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:23 pm
mbav8r wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm
I asked the question before to no avail, how does one drop out of high school then go on to get a degree or two by age 18? What school accepts high school drops outs that are not “mature students” and gives out degrees(pl.).
I must not have seen it, I got no issue answering the question, US schools go off ability, little less sketchy compared to places like confed.

I left highschool early as I wasn't really getting too much out of it, had good marks, was popular enough, but after a couple years I got what I was going to get out of it.

Dropped out, took the GED, scary that some folks need to study for that, just walked in and knocked it out.

Found the school I wanted to go to, presented the GED, took a compass test (I think that was what it was called), qualified for all the normal 1st year classes and a few advanced classes, did my two years and got my degree while being in the volunteer FD and working on the side, after those two years I was accepted into a few nice universities, just didn't have the return on investment for the tuition IMO so I stuck with my 2 year and entered the job market and did pretty well before I started up flight training.

mbav8r wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 pm
So, you did what your campaigning against here at a time when Is was truly pitiful, hypocrite with zero credibility!
Also, your understanding about how this would affect the Canadian market is lacking, imagine pilots were not available to fill positions at Canadian carriers because they crossed the border for better pay, what oh what could said Canadian company do to fill those spots? Perhaps raise wages?
Below is a quote from operation orange, a movement in the US that never materialized, your assertions that pilots can organize in Canada to “fix” are own country has been contemplated. The only thing fixing the US is the 1500 hr rule and your 12,500 dollar raise has more to do with that than your superior negotiating skills!
http://www.operationorange.org/
“The thinking needs to change. Nobody will change their thinking until the pilots do so. Once the pilots demonstrate the resolve to withdraw their labor, en masse, lawmakers, regulators, and managers will be forced to change their thinking”
I will reiterate, you’re a hypocrite and in my mind full of s#*t and Zero credibility, this reeks of self preservation.
Really? I never took a chit job and I have been the difference I wanted to see in my little corner of aviation, what have you done?

Call me whatever you want, but I've actually done it, you?

As to the raise, it was well after that, I could get into the details, but suffice to say, things could have easily gone on the way they were without that bonus regardless of the ATP rule changes.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/adult-learning
To write the GED® test you must:

be at least 18 years old
be a resident of Ontario
have not graduated from high school
have been out of the school system for a least one full year
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by confusedalot » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm really really not being sarcastic. Really.

Many talented individuals got bored with high school and all of that pedestrian stuff most of us have endured.......only to become masters of their domain.

Is it possible that superC is indeed one of the Steve Jobs types?

I dunno? Too hard for a simpleton like me to decipher.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Lemon
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by Lemon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm

SuperchargedRS wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:23 pm

I left highschool early as I wasn't really getting too much out of it, had good marks, was popular enough, but after a couple years I got what I was going to get out of it.

Dropped out, took the GED, scary that some folks need to study for that, just walked in and knocked it out.
May I ask if you’re living the ‘good life’ in the states, why you still peruse the Canadian aviation forums? Is it just to spout your bs and stroke your ego? Or is it something more than that? I rarely post on these forums, but I find your demeanour very irritating. I’m sure the fo’s (captains) that fly with you appreciate it too. #bookoff
---------- ADS -----------
  

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1485
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:30 am
Location: the stars playground

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by SuperchargedRS » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 am

Lemon wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:01 pm

May I ask if you’re living the ‘good life’ in the states, why you still peruse the Canadian aviation forums? Is it just to spout your bs and stroke your ego? Or is it something more than that? I rarely post on these forums, but I find your demeanour very irritating. I’m sure the fo’s (captains) that fly with you appreciate it too. #bookoff
Because I think some of the coolest flying out there occurs in Canada, I mean I just saw a posting for a Grumman/dhc-2/185 pilot out of port hardy, flying like that, man if the pay and sched was good, it would be very hard to beat, and some of the flying stories I've read here, like the one years back about a new CPL flying into Bella Bella, well let's just say it's a lot more of a read than the stuff you see on aopa or pprune.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Blueshift
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:15 pm
Location: Arctic

Re: Some U.S. regional airlines are now sponsoring Canadians for the H1B Vis

Post by Blueshift » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:56 pm

SuperchargedRS,

Your assumption that the increased pilot salaries seen in the U.S. regional sector is entirely a function of them 'growing some balls,' couldn't be farther from the truth.

This study does a great job of outlining the key factors of the pilot shortage: https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/p ... GSD351.pdf

It mostly comes down to supply and demand. As others have mentioned, the U.S. airline market is significantly larger than that of Canada. If they were to open their borders, the number of pilots that would be willing to make the move from Canada wouldn't even make a dent in their future pilot supply requirements. At the same time, it would drastically reduce the supply in the smaller Canadian market, forcing companies to increase their salaries to compete.

At the end of the day, there are a number of factors that come into play when discussing the disparity in salaries. The best thing I think Canadian pilots can do is to petition for the implementation of an ATPL requirement for all 705 F/Os. This would prevent the slow degradation of experience seen in the cockpit today, while also reducing the pilot supply chain, thus giving pilots more leverage when it comes to wage and condition negotiations.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”