RIP Stephen Hawking

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: RIP Stephen Hawking

Post by av8ts »

⬆️
---------- ADS -----------

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Zaibatsu wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:40 am You love wacking off to theoretical bullshyat that doesn’t apply to our daily lives and 99 percent of us couldn’t care less about. Hawking was a man after your own heart.
Hawking was a smart guy who badly abused his wives. In terms of impact on the world, he wasn’t close to the league of Sir Isaac Newton (who was a snivelling coward and all round nasty piece of work) nor Albert Einstein, who apparently was quite a nice guy.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

photofly wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm Hawking was a smart guy who badly abused his wives.
Source? My google fu comes up empty. Some vague unsubstantiated articles of Hawking being abused BY one of his wives, but nothing the other way.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

photofly wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:21 pm Double post
Dr. Hawking's work may have been great.

However, it will surely be eclipsed by the man that discovers the technology to eliminate the double post epidemic that has plagued mankind for decades.

Happy 2019 all.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

I'm more interested in the published and peer-reviewed account of his accomplishments than I am in the "Vanity Fair" version.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
goose_68
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by goose_68 »

photofly wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm
Zaibatsu wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:40 am You love wacking off to theoretical bullshyat that doesn’t apply to our daily lives and 99 percent of us couldn’t care less about. Hawking was a man after your own heart.
Hawking was a smart guy who badly abused his wives. In terms of impact on the world, he wasn’t close to the league of Sir Isaac Newton (who was a snivelling coward and all round nasty piece of work) nor Albert Einstein, who apparently was quite a nice guy.
Hawkings badly abused his wives ? ...as much respect as I have for Einstein and his genius work ....he was notorious for having affairs and ultimately married his first cousin Elsa Einstein .

It's not important where planes are going ... what's important is to get on !
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

We need a soap about scientists. Sort of like a "Blackadder: Scientists" edition.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

digits_ wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:35 pm We need a soap about scientists. Sort of like a "Blackadder: Scientists" edition.
Haha.

Baldrick “I have a cunning theory. I postulate that gravity is the curvature of space time.”

Blackadder “I have a better theory. I postulate that gravity is the curvature of space time!”

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

Why isnt anyone talking about the fact a year old thread surfaced for no real valuable reason?

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

Zaibatsu wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:47 am Who's going to read the ATIS now?
I'm trying so hard not to laugh at that, I can't help it :lol:

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Last edited by telex on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

photofly wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:18 pm
HansDietrich wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:27 am I have a feeling we haven't yet realized the positive impact this man's work has on humanity. (Credit must also be given to the many that worked along side him). One day, humanity will look back and say "We have this technology and this technology because of the groundbreaking work by Dr. Hawking.
Ok, I’ll be the one to call bullshit. Tell us all about the groundbreaking work, and how you think it’s going to impact us all positively, please.
- Newton, Einstein, Hawking... you get my point.

No, I don’t get your point. I do know however that a wheelchair and a speech synthesizer are both fabulous media props.
Hey Photo, how about you tell us which parts of Dr Hawkings research you have disproved? I’m sure your PhD work advanced mankind tremendously.

goose_68
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by goose_68 »

digits_ wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:35 pm We need a soap about scientists. Sort of like a "Blackadder: Scientists" edition.
Had to have a chuckle at that ... I think your onto something there ... maybe a physicists version of the Days of Our Lives

It's not important where planes are going ... what's important is to get on !
B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

goose_68 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm
Had to have a chuckle at that ... I think your onto something there ... maybe a physicists version of the Days of Our Lives
I thought that was the idea behind Big Bang Theory. :smt040

Return to “General Comments”