Swoop Staffing

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

LuckyPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Swoop Staffing

Post by LuckyPilot »

How are they planning on staffing Swoop, when they can't even staff mainline and encore. Alone for the month of April, they hired 17 Pilots away from WJ mainline/encore. From a business point of view, if you don't want to lose expensive trained staff to your competitor, you better belly up to the negots table and make some pretty solid offers to keep them. AC is back into the retirement cycle, between growth/retirements it's going to be hard to keep up. When I started we had 1300 or so pilots, now we are pushing 3700. Not to mention the Cseries is coming in 2019.
---------- ADS -----------

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Swoop Staffing

Post by indieadventurer »

Heard it was 12 to AC for their first course this month and another 10 for the course that started Monday. Source from my buddy reading their new hire info email.

Last edited by indieadventurer on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Got my app in. Can’t wait to join the big leagues! ;)

LuckyPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by LuckyPilot »

I'm afraid Swoop is going to be a training school for AC and the Chinese. Can you file an unfair labor practice against your competitor for poaching your staff? Give them benefits and a proper pension, and this crisis might not be looming. Interesting times for WJ management, pending strike vote, highly trained staff looking for greener pastures, morale in the toilet. Stock value is always labor sensitive, whatever happened to "take care of the employees, they'll take care of the guests".

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

What about the ALPA blacklist? Or will ready and trained labour supply trump guys who did a couple years of whoring to get their foot in the door?

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

indieadventurer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 am Heard it was 12 to AC for their first course this month and another 15 for the course that started Monday. Source from my buddy reading their new hire info email.
Fake news! GGN is the fastest way to AC and you all know it.

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Thats true about Georgian being the fastest way, cause it says so on the internet.

SnotRocket
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SnotRocket »

It's being staffed by old guys who don't care, and washouts who failed their upgrades at previous companies.

Speedalive
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Speedalive »

leftoftrack wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:58 am Thats true about Georgian being the fastest way, cause it says so on the internet.
They're getting pretty aggressive with spreading the word! :lol:

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (84.57 KiB) Viewed 2134 times
Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Wow, those ads are still there? On every post? Its like an eff'n cancer.

You guys need to sort out your ad-blocker.

Return to “General Comments”