New Brunswick Aircraft Rentals

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

tbengi
Rank 0
Rank 0

New Brunswick Aircraft Rentals

Post by tbengi »

I'm going to be in Moncton and Saint John NB later this summer and would love to do some flying in the area. I see the Debert Flight Centre in NS offers 172 rentals and is about 1.5 hrs from Moncton driving which isn't terrible, but is still a bit far. Anyone know of anywhere closer to Moncton/Saint John that would rent to a non member? I fly a 172 regularly and expect that I'd be required to do a reasonable check ride prior to renting. Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: New Brunswick Aircraft Rentals

Post by JasonE »

Debert - Truro Flying Club guys are great. I rented from them a few summers ago. No silly Toronto style 3 hour checkride, just a few circuits and procedures. Just do your homework on the airplane you intend to rent and show up ready. Worked for me, I think my check ride was .6.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Moncton flight college, and I believe Atlantic flight centre in saint john still rents a 172 though the school is closed. Costs an arm and a leg last time a checked.

HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HiFlyChick »

There's a new flying club in Moncton, but I don't really know anything about them. Just googled and found the Moncton Aero Club at

https://sites.google.com/site/monctonaeroclub/home

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Looks like a hanger group for private aircraft by the website, but certainly worth checking into.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
HiFlyChick
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by HiFlyChick »

JasonE wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:57 pm Looks like a hanger group for private aircraft by the website, but certainly worth checking into.
That's what I couldn't really figure out- I've heard people refer to the flying club in Mooncton, which to me implies rental, but I haven;t heard details

Return to “General Comments”