NEW ULCCs

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: NEW ULCCs

Post by sicamore »

FL007 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:06 pm .WestJet pilots is unacceptable and shouldn't be part of a business model
Ok captain myopic. You want your cake and eat it too. I get it, you're very special and have worked hard to get where you are and your low cost operator airline just doesn't seem to get it.

If the business model is to treat customers like bus passengers (comparison used aboved). Don't be surprised when your company treats you like a bus driver.

Even bus drivers don't pick up litter in their buses.
---------- ADS -----------

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

sicamore wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:16 pm
FL007 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:06 pm .WestJet pilots is unacceptable and shouldn't be part of a business model
Ok captain myopic. You want your cake and eat it too. I get it, you're very special and have worked hard to get where you are and your low cost operator airline just doesn't seem to get it.

If the business model is to treat customers like bus passengers (comparison used aboved). Don't be surprised when your company treats you like a bus driver.

Even bus drivers don't pick up litter in their buses.
Let's be clear, I'm not a WestJet pilot and I probably never will be, however I, and every colleague I know of followed and supported WestJet pilots through this because it affected us all.

Regardless of how the passengers are choosing to be treated in the back, as again, it is very clear how ULCC pax will be treated, flying of said airplane is the exact same up front.

Just don't fly in ULCCs if you don't agree with them, this white knight attitude of shift in greed, etc is ridiculous as pax are wanting this no frills flying and their individual greed is what creates the demand of this type of service over their own comfort.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I have no problem with the marketing department "nickle and dime-ing" the customers. Just don't nickle and dime where it matters...maintenance, crewing or anything safety related.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Naw, since the customer is paying less for a less luxurious product, the entire crew should could make less money since they're flying less people* in less of a plane, have to deal with less weather, less emergencies, less flow, less GDP....Riiight.

*Pretty sure high density configurations have more people. As far as I'm concerned that means more responsibility. So the pay should be more. No?

MrWings
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by MrWings »

Return to “General Comments”