ame technical exams

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

acts
Rank 0
Rank 0

ame technical exams

Post by acts »

Anyone have info regarding the new format for Transport Canada Exams. I need some info about the powerplant section. Now recips, turbines, and propellers are all in one exam. Has anyone taken it and has some tips or information?

Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

Fox 3
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Fox 3 »

yes i just wrote it three months ago, i was a little weak in the props section, but i blame that on my crappy teacher at Con College. Either way, it is not to bad...let me know if you need specific help on anything.

Hang Time Is The Best Time!
acts
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tech Exams

Post by acts »

Thanks! What info or books should i concentrate most on. Is there a study guide where i can find these questions? Any hints or tips it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Fox 3
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Fox 3 »

well there is the study guide on the transport website

http://www.tc.gc.ca/civilaviation/maint ... atingM.htm

it shows you the areas to study, i figure you already have it though. I used it and did pretty good on it. Hope that helped.

Hang Time Is The Best Time!
Mark
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mark »

I'm currently studying for the tech exams myself.

Can anyone enlighten me on a few things:

What's the style of questions i.e. are they multiple choice or a mix between multi and essay?

Are you required to memorise conversion formulas i.e. feet to metre etc.?

Are calculators allowed?

Or are all these points explained/made clear when applying for the exams?

Thanks guys. :?

crosscontrol
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by crosscontrol »

All multiple guess, no formula memorization, and yes calc's are allowed. Even the skookum whizwheel variety!! The study guide they provide should have all of the details. Good Luck! :wink:

I don't have a lot of time for this so let's get it over quickly - you're ugly, your dick is small and everybody fucks your mother.
wollypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wollypilot »

when you guys do get your exams done remember that pilots like the plane kept tidy. take care of that will you lads?

Cheers, wp 8)

yok driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yok driver »

Good point wp! I've seen way too many apprenti that forget about the housekeeping requirement. Emphasizing the importance of a tidy aircraft as part of their schooling would truly benefit all maintenance staff.

Cheers, The Driver.

Boomer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boomer »

Spoken like a true 200 hour pilot! Have fun picking up beer cans and fish guts this summer!

yok driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yok driver »

Wouldn't dream of it. Never had to do "the helps work" and I never will. Pilots are too busy to be bothered with that sort of demeaning labour. Fish guts indeed!
Cheers, The Driver. :twisted:

CF-RYE
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CF-RYE »

Sounds like yok driver isn't a 200 hour bush pilot, probably a 1500 hour instructor - same shit!

deeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by deeker »

Fox3 ............ is your first name Andrew?

k4uonly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: AME TECHNICAL EXAMS

Post by k4uonly »

acts wrote:Anyone have info regarding the new format for Transport Canada Exams. I need some info about the powerplant section. Now recips, turbines, and propellers are all in one exam. Has anyone taken it and has some tips or information?

Thanks!
Hi there, I have the same problem also. I am an avionics apprentice. any body who is interested in sharing infos regarding standrad practice and avionics exams, plz email me at doostan101@yahoo.com.
we can work together and get ready for those freaking exams.....email me. thanx.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2024 »

First off, yok driver; you can go piss up a rope! cause with that attitude you are not gonna get/ keep a job flyn' anything! in fact i would not want you in any of my machines, even as a pasenger!
Now, about the exams, if you need any pointers on what to study? PM me and can point you in the right direction; as i have recently written my TC exams. PS; yok driver sucks!

chubbee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chubbee »

Reality check, I was watchin the right seater of a B200 wash and groom a medevac bird yesterday, ugh. Oh well, done it myself lots too.

Mbg
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: ame technical exams

Post by Mbg »

Hi guys.
IM trying to write my STRUCTURES exam and STANDARD PRACTICE. Just wondering if anyone has ever written those exams at TC?? Or if you guys know a link to study from ? I’d really appreciate the help!

Return to “General Comments”