Bravo Cargojet Airways.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Post Reply
User avatar
Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:50 am
Location: Nothern Hemisphere

Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by Anticyclone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:06 am

:smt041 At last some common sense in the business, Thank you Cargojet Airways for making Canadian Pilots proud.

You know what fascinates me the most? they could've thrown a 50K salary and they would've had the same number of applicants.

The diffrence between Cargojet Airways managment and the rest of the industry is the greed, Cargojet Airways managers are not greedy they care about their employees, i personaly don't know Cargojet Airways but i'm sure they have a great work atmosphere and it's probably the best employer in Canada.

Thank you Cargojet Airways. :smt055 :partyman:
---------- ADS -----------
  

Oscar
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by Oscar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm

The diffrence between Cargojet Airways managment and the rest of the industry is the greed, Cargojet Airways managers are not greedy they care about their employees
i personaly don't know Cargojet Airways but i'm sure they have a great work atmosphere and it's probably the best employer in Canada.
Contradictory --- how can you make the first statement, when you go on to say you don't know the company?

I agree this is a decent starting number, but this is the salary from the CBA. They're (Cargojet) not offering this out of the generosity of their hearts. It was negotiated by the union.
---------- ADS -----------
  

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:33 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by eyebrow737 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm

Yea, this kid doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. They could have offered 25k and he still would have taken it.

Cancer
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:50 am
Location: Nothern Hemisphere

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by Anticyclone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Oscar wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm
The diffrence between Cargojet Airways managment and the rest of the industry is the greed, Cargojet Airways managers are not greedy they care about their employees
i personaly don't know Cargojet Airways but i'm sure they have a great work atmosphere and it's probably the best employer in Canada.
Contradictory --- how can you make the first statement, when you go on to say you don't know the company?

I agree this is a decent starting number, but this is the salary from the CBA. They're (Cargojet) not offering this out of the generosity of their hearts. It was negotiated by the union.
I don't see any contradiction, i make my statements out of analysis and educated guesses..not sure about CBA ?? if it's a union so what's ALPA doing then ??
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
Anticyclone
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:50 am
Location: Nothern Hemisphere

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by Anticyclone » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:37 pm

eyebrow737 wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:14 pm
Yea, this kid doesn't have a clue what he is talking about. They could have offered 25k and he still would have taken it.

Cancer
Absolutely i have accepted 25K CAD for my housing allowance.
---------- ADS -----------
  

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:33 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by eyebrow737 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:47 pm

Anticyclone wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:34 pm
Oscar wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:07 pm
The diffrence between Cargojet Airways managment and the rest of the industry is the greed, Cargojet Airways managers are not greedy they care about their employees
i personaly don't know Cargojet Airways but i'm sure they have a great work atmosphere and it's probably the best employer in Canada.
Contradictory --- how can you make the first statement, when you go on to say you don't know the company?

I agree this is a decent starting number, but this is the salary from the CBA. They're (Cargojet) not offering this out of the generosity of their hearts. It was negotiated by the union.
I don't see any contradiction, i make my statements out of analysis and educated guesses..not sure about CBA ?? if it's a union so what's ALPA doing then ??

ALPA is not the union for CJ. Unifor is.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 554
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 6:41 pm
Location: Intensity in Ten Cities.

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by CL-Skadoo! » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:17 pm

How's the schedule these days? Last schedule I heard would have me withholding my applause.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Victory
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 374
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by Victory » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Is anyone going to say what they are offering?
---------- ADS -----------
  

sicamore
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:08 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by sicamore » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Victory wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Is anyone going to say what they are offering?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126023
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by schnitzel2k3 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Victory wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Is anyone going to say what they are offering?
I am curious if just their starting wage jumped or if the wages across the board jumped.

1st year Captain salary for 2017 was 92k, plus the 10k bonus for flying the 57/67.

I wonder if George Sugar wouldn't mind joining in on the conversation here and help get it pointed in the right direction for all of us observers.

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

cxchd
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 am
Location: BURLINGTON

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by cxchd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:26 am

Didn't jump that much considering working now 2 extra days per month.
---------- ADS -----------
  

fish4life
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:32 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by fish4life » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am

From what I saw across the board increases between 15-40%. Cargo jet never did this out of the goodness of their hearts it was for retention.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
schnitzel2k3
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 742
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by schnitzel2k3 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:36 am

fish4life wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am
From what I saw across the board increases between 15-40%. Cargo jet never did this out of the goodness of their hearts it was for retention.
Yeah we know, but it's interesting to see their hand forced in having to play this card.

Are you working more because of understaffing due to qn inability to keep people or because of the higher costs they are running a leaner ship?

S.
---------- ADS -----------
  

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:33 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by eyebrow737 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:44 am

fish4life wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:27 am
From what I saw across the board increases between 15-40%. Cargo jet never did this out of the goodness of their hearts it was for retention.
you saw wrong on the numbers. First year was 67 and now 70. about 4%. Taking into account the two extra days the first three year rungs are earning less per day and for a few years after that the increase in negligible.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 549
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by LegoMan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:37 am

If you look at their payscale it stagnates pretty quickly. Morningstar has a much better salary and RRSP contribution. Nonetheless, it's heading in the right direction.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Totosky
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by Totosky » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 am

Hi guys
I know this has been discussed before but I can't find it in the forum. Can you commute with Cargojet or you need to live in Hamilton? I know they are UNIFOR, not ALPA but I can't remember if they had jumpseat agreements. Also any feedback in what's like there would be welcome.
Thanks!
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:33 am

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by HansDietrich » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:00 am

Let's put things into perspective here. 75K a year, flying a wide-body Boeing 767 is still way below the average pay of what that individual should make. Research the pay for other airlines (outside Canada) that fly the 767...
---------- ADS -----------
  
Das ist mir wurst...

rudder
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1771
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:10 pm

Re: Bravo Cargojet Airways.

Post by rudder » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:03 am

2 extra days per month on flat salary is an increase in work of 14% (2/14 = .1438).

Looks like the pay increase did not even come close to covering that.
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”