Porter Commuting Schedule

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Porter Commuting Schedule

Post by dialdriver »

I am considering applying for a DEC position at Porter. Can anyone tell me how would I make out commuting from Vancouver to Thunder Bay?
---------- ADS -----------

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Porter Commuting Schedule

Post by Cessna 180 »

From what I understand commuting is within their route network only. Commuting from outside (WestJet) is on your dollar and needs to be approved by the company. It's 6 months until WestJet (and all non Porter) flights are allowed to be standby/jumpseat.

I could be wrong, however.

ctmorawetz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ctmorawetz »

Cessna 180 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:56 pm From what I understand commuting is within their route network only. Commuting from outside (WestJet) is on your dollar and needs to be approved by the company. It's 6 months until WestJet (and all non Porter) flights are allowed to be standby/jumpseat.

I could be wrong, however.
That's correct. People commute unofficially at Porter but the commuting policy won't apply if you are not commuting from either Windsor, Montreal or Ottawa presently.

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Do you have any idea how horrific it is to commute from YVR to YQT ? You'll spend a lot of your time off sitting in the back of a plane.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Also Pasco would probably be a much better place to be a 705 DEC in YVR ...

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"

Return to “General Comments”