United We Stand

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

United We Stand

Post by rookiepilot »

"Today we stand with our American friends in mourning and rememberance of countless loved ones and the men and women in uniform who made the ultimate sacrifice on 9/11.
May we never take our freedom for granted"
--- Stephen Harper
---------- ADS -----------

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: United We Stand

Post by KAG »

Today, is my sons 5th birthday
Puts a nice spin on what was a terrible date in history.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

You would think that they could have quashed the terrorist scum by now. Too good of a business I guess.
Over 6100 days of war on terror, more allied lives lost than the initial attack, 5.5 trillion dollars wasted.

Fear and war are a business like any other. I don't support either.

I do support the people that dedicate their lives for their country, year round, to uphold our values.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Too bad no one remembers the 14 'Art Students', Urban Moving Systems trucks, the 5 dancing Israelis who by the way were arrested then extradited back to Israel where they went on TV and bragged that they were there to document the events.

But yeah sure let's go bomb Syria again for their use of chemical agents even though it's been proven fake the last 5 times... I'm sure this time Assad regime really really really gassed those kids. I mean they pretty much took back all of the provinces that were previously under control of Nusra and ISIS and the only thing that would prevent them from ending the civil war would be American and European intervention so of course the most logical path to success is another horrific Sarin gas attack. :roll:

PNAC called for the overthrow of 7 regime/countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran.. So it's still going to get worse before it gets better.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
lhalliday
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by lhalliday »

I remember the initial WTF?! hearing the news when I woke up, seeing it on TV, seeing the abrupt cut from DC back to NYC, and it took a second to realize what was wrong with the picture.

I also remember a few years later asking somebody where he had been that morning. His response: "Give me a break! I grew up in Northern Ireland."

Perspective.

...laura

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Very well said! Thanks for your post bro.
daedalusx wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:40 pm Too bad no one remembers the 14 'Art Students', Urban Moving Systems trucks, the 5 dancing Israelis who by the way were arrested then extradited back to Israel where they went on TV and bragged that they were there to document the events.

But yeah sure let's go bomb Syria again for their use of chemical agents even though it's been proven fake the last 5 times... I'm sure this time Assad regime really really really gassed those kids. I mean they pretty much took back all of the provinces that were previously under control of Nusra and ISIS and the only thing that would prevent them from ending the civil war would be American and European intervention so of course the most logical path to success is another horrific Sarin gas attack. :roll:

PNAC called for the overthrow of 7 regime/countries in 5 years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan & Iran.. So it's still going to get worse before it gets better.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Stephen Harper wasn’t even leader of the Canadian Alliance, which was only the Opposition Party when 9/11 happened, and when Canada went to war in Afghanistan.

People seem to forget that.

We went to war as a member of NATO against a nation which was dubiously related to the attack. Curiously, we did not attack or even question the nation where most of the terrorists originated from. This nation is also curiously not part of any US “Muslim Ban” even though it has one of the worst human rights records in existence.

If you ever need a marker to point out the beginning of the decline of Pax Americana and its descent from an enlightened and truely free society into a paranoid, ignorant, and increasingly restricted one... the second Tuesday in September 17 years ago is a good one.

My personal “United We Stand” has necessary limitations. I thank god that the Liberals who were in power did not subscribe to the “Coalition of the Willing” which saw Iraq transformed from a secular dictatorship into the largest haven for Radical Islam the world has ever seen after ten years of debt inducing quagmire.

Within months of Canada joining the USA in Iraq, we had the only two fatal Islamic terrorist attacks ever in our nation.

Return to “General Comments”