CMNPS reporting rules

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AirCanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

CMNPS reporting rules

Post by AirCanuck »

Hey folks

Maybe I'm missing this somewhere, but I've been trying to track down the rules for position reports in CMNPS. I can find northern control area, arctic control area, and polar routes. But nothing specifically for CMNPS position reporting. I've been using the AIM for this one but also have tried googling and exploring through the AIP, DAH... just can't find it. Does someone mind pointing me in the right direction? Have heard from multiple folks it is a testing question on SAMRA and would like to nail it down.

thanks again for all the help lately everyone... I killed the SARON last week thanks in no small part to all the help I've received here during times of confusion. SAMRA is tuesday.

cheers,
---------- ADS -----------

455tt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: CMNPS reporting rules

Post by 455tt »

The chart that outlines the boundaries of CMNPS airspace can be found in the Designated Airspace Handbook:

http://www.navcanada.ca/EN/products-and ... ent_EN.pdf

CMNPS airspace is within the CDA from FL 330 to FL 410 as per the DAH specifications. Since CMNPS airspace, for the most part, is already contained within the SCA, NCA and ACA, you would follow the rules provided in the TC AIM RAC 11.4 and 11.5 for position reporting in these areas.

AirCanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: CMNPS reporting rules

Post by AirCanuck »

455tt wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:01 pm The chart that outlines the boundaries of CMNPS airspace can be found in the Designated Airspace Handbook:

http://www.navcanada.ca/EN/products-and ... ent_EN.pdf

CMNPS airspace is within the CDA from FL 330 to FL 410 as per the DAH specifications. Since CMNPS airspace, for the most part, is already contained within the SCA, NCA and ACA, you would follow the rules provided in the TC AIM RAC 11.4 and 11.5 for position reporting in these areas.
ok, that's kinda what I figured - it would depend on whether you were in the NCA or the ACA, right? And then you would just follow those rules.

Return to “General Comments”