Chief pilot question 703 ops

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

marakii
Rank 4
Rank 4

Chief pilot question 703 ops

Post by marakii »

Hello aviators,

Curious about the chief pilot qualifications at a 703 -702 sightseeing operation.

If the straight land airplane company decided to add another same plane but it's an amphibian aircraft does the current chief pilot has to have the 250 hours PIC on floats as well or do they have to hire another chief pilot to handle the amphibian?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Chief pilot question 703 ops

Post by cncpc »

No. The current chief pilot is fine. Once you are the chief pilot for the category and class, I think it is, of aircraft, then you are good for as long as you are chief pilot, within the operating rules you were approved under, i.e. VFR, IFR. Multi engine includes single engine, but not vice versa. The issue of 250 hours in the last three years is only for initial hire. It is not a "currency" requirement once you are chief pilot. But if you go from CP single engine to multi, then the 250 hour thing does come up again. Not so with upping from VFR to IFR.

You get waivers or exemptions from the 250 hour requirement, but that can be difficult, and the logic of it all seems to come from people who don't really get it, but got to make policy with TC anyway.

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Chief pilot question 703 ops

Post by flyinthebug »

No. As long as the existing CP is current (valid PPC) on at least one type of aircraft in the fleet, they are good.

Return to “General Comments”