Enerjet ULCC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Enerjet ULCC

Post by piperdriver »

---------- ADS -----------

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Enerjet ULCC

Post by ant_321 »

Do people actually believe there is room in Canada for 3 ULCC? Or maybe they're banking on Woops or flair going under before they start.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

I was in Edmonton yesterday and couldn't believe how busy all the Swoop flights were. Sad.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

New job for tbaylx

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

ant_321 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:34 pm Do people actually believe there is room in Canada for 3 ULCC? Or maybe they're banking on Woops or flair going under before they start.
The better question is do people believe there is room in Canada for more than two transcontinental airlines?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Lightchop wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:37 pm New job for tbaylx
Just might be interested in that. Should be lots of growth once the WJA MEC kills off Swoops competitiveness. :rolleyes:

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

I love the quote “soon to launch Canada Jetlines”.

Bets on that one ever happening?

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

Another new Ultra Low Cost Crew project. How will the unstable job outlook on a start up ULCC attract qualified crews? NG PPC seekers? expect a bond? Oh boy!

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

FICU wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:19 pm Another new Ultra Low Cost Crew project. How will the unstable job outlook on a start up ULCC attract qualified crews? NG PPC seekers? expect a bond? Oh boy!
Tim is going to be well capitalized, if i was going to back one ULCC it would probably be his.

He was asked that exact question about finding qualified pilots and his response was that the pay would be competitive. Guess we'll see. Bet there is more than a few 5t guys stuck with no prospect of career advancement and FO pay while captains snorfle the OT who'd be interested.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

tbaylx wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm Tim is going to be well capitalized, if i was going to back one ULCC it would probably be his.

He was asked that exact question about finding qualified pilots and his response was that the pay would be competitive. Guess we'll see. Bet there is more than a few 5t guys stuck with no prospect of career advancement and FO pay while captains snorfle the OT who'd be interested.
Competitive with who? I believe the Enerjet guys were all in the basement of 737 driver pay along with Flair.

Unfortunately the same few guys continue to be OT whores, are happy to brag about it, and I'm sure some even beg for it. :( The majority of F/Os are waiting to see what the potential merger brings while enjoying the easy life we have here.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

FICU wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:57 pm
tbaylx wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:09 pm Tim is going to be well capitalized, if i was going to back one ULCC it would probably be his.

Competitive with who? I believe the Enerjet guys were all in the basement of 737 driver pay along with Flair.

Unfortunately the same few guys continue to be OT whores, are happy to brag about it, and I'm sure some even beg for it. :( The majority of F/Os are waiting to see what the potential merger brings while enjoying the easy life we have here.
Yeah i'm not sure by what he meant by competitive. Guess we'll see next year.
Flair's contract and pay is a lot better than it was a year ago, comparable to 5T's i'd say though haven't seen the most recent contract there. It's not the same industry it was in 2015 and wages are starting to creep up

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

tbaylx wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 am Yeah i'm not sure by what he meant by competitive. Guess we'll see next year.
Flair's contract and pay is a lot better than it was a year ago, comparable to 5T's i'd say though haven't seen the most recent contract there. It's not the same industry it was in 2015 and wages are starting to creep up
Year 1 737 Captain is $139K base
Years 8 is over 170K base

Comparable to Flair?

It sounds like Swoop arbitrated pay is what you are getting at Flair... that good for pilots in Canada or bad? I don't know what you guys make there.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

FICU wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 am
tbaylx wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:25 am Yeah i'm not sure by what he meant by competitive. Guess we'll see next year.
Year 1 737 Captain is $139K base
Years 8 is over 170K base

Comparable to Flair?

It sounds like Swoop arbitrated pay is what you are getting at Flair... that good for pilots in Canada or bad? I don't know what you guys make there.
Year 1 is good at 5t. Flair is $114 an hour (vs swoops current $103) in year 1 topping at $170/hour in year 12 based on an 80 hour month guarantee and guaranteed 12 GDO's per month vs swoops 10. Most guys are flying 85+ so that brings it up a bit.
Room for improvement but comparable i'd say. Supposed to be a 15% ESPP coming in the new year and profit share as well.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

So sounds like Swoop will be around $114 which is about $110K base. Flair has improved moving from $90K but now it seems to be the bar. Canada Jetlines and New Enerjet will be very similar I bet. Bloody sad for 2019 if you ask me!

At 5T year 1 Capt was $130K 10 years ago.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Pilots who accept and work for these wages should hang their heads in shame. I'd be embarrassed to admit to be a pilot for those wages

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

The bigger and very unfortunate issue is that to move on and up or even have a glimpse of hope for a better financial future, is to accept these bottom line conditions that Canadian airlines offer. Now a days, these bottom line conditions seem to be more and more the norm.The airlines know this and take advantage of the few positions we have to chose from in Canada. I’m slowly starting to think of going back to school and looking for a different career path that can pay more and let me be home more too.

If this downward spiral of wawcon keeps going down, I honestly don’t think this job is a viable option for most families. How will it be in five or ten years? Cost of living will be even higher, but wages I don’t think will go up at all. Quite the contrary. I hope the future will prove us wrong on that.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

If this is the WAWCON available in a pilot shortage, god help us when the shortage is over.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

Legacy wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:35 pm Pilots who accept and work for these wages should hang their heads in shame. I'd be embarrassed to admit to be a pilot for those wages
Ok so you have thrown your sh*t. Now step up and post the conditions and wages that you require for pilots to not hang their heads in shame. Or be embarrassed to be a pilot for those wages.

Your words.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

You think this is his attempt to have WJ/Swoop or AC/Rouge or Flair buy him out? Get his “investment” back?

Return to “General Comments”