Statement top open new logbook

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CALCRL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Statement top open new logbook

Post by CALCRL »

Hi Guys,

I will start my training soon in Canada and I will change my logbook (from EASA to Jeppsen professional pilot logbook, the green one), do you know if TC required anythings about new logbook opening ?
Do I need to make a statement like "logbook Number 2 open on XXDEC18 with a total of XXX hours, XX PIC, XX DUAL, XX XC... ? And is it need to be signed by instructor or something ?

And I have a tailwheel endorsement in my EASA logbook, any chance to transfert it on the Jeppsen logbook ? (I see there is a special part for endorsement, but it need to be signed by CFI, so may be I need to do a checkout here ?)

I've found nothing on TC website and/or CARs.

Thanks in advance !
---------- ADS -----------

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Statement top open new logbook

Post by Lightchop »

Since I have no idea what you're talking about, probably not. Also tail wheel is not an extra endorsement here. Having record of it might help if you want to rent a tail wheel plane but that's about it. It's not anything you put on your license.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

CALCRL wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:21 pm Hi Guys,

I will start my training soon in Canada and I will change my logbook (from EASA to Jeppsen professional pilot logbook, the green one), do you know if TC required anythings about new logbook opening ?
Do I need to make a statement like "logbook Number 2 open on XXDEC18 with a total of XXX hours, XX PIC, XX DUAL, XX XC... ? And is it need to be signed by instructor or something ?

And I have a tailwheel endorsement in my EASA logbook, any chance to transfert it on the Jeppsen logbook ? (I see there is a special part for endorsement, but it need to be signed by CFI, so may be I need to do a checkout here ?)

I've found nothing on TC website and/or CARs.

Thanks in advance !
Why would you start a new logbook? Canada accepts pretty much every logbook. Just continue to use your old one.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

This, otherwise scan/print to sticky paper your last page, place in new log with notation of "transferred from log#, date and sign

CALCRL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CALCRL »

Thanks for your replies !

Good idea for the scan / print / stick last page.

I want to change logbook because mine is not appropriate for commercial use, some informations are missing, and it’s in French, I prefere to switch all in English now

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

There is no regulatory requirement to bring forward any information. Simply note the front page as Logbook Number 2. There will probably be a field for this already on the front, information page. I am up to No 5 right now. So far in 40 years of flying I have never had anybody outside of Transport Canada ask to see my logbooks and the last time for that was for my ATPL application where I gave them all of my logbooks (2 at the time).

Return to “General Comments”