Are touch-and-go exempt from landing fees?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TopGun1234
Rank 1
Rank 1

Are touch-and-go exempt from landing fees?

Post by TopGun1234 »

deleted
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by TopGun1234 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Are touch-and-go exempt from landing fees?

Post by linecrew »

Varies from airport to airport. Call the airport operator, Aéroports de Montréal, and ask.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

I know, a bit off topic but.....

did a few T&G in Wiener-Neustadt, Austria one time(home of Diamond Aircraft, although I was flying a Fuji). Can't remember the price for each one but it was steep.

Last edited by pelmet on Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

It varies. For example, Billy Bishop charges for each touch and go like a landing, at Hamilton I believe you get 30 minutes in the circuit for one landing fee. Hard to imagine an airport that charges for landings not charging for at least your first touch and go.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Ycd, and zbb charge by the landing if over 3000#

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Just balk at 5 feet, float down the runway and climb away.

Cant get you on a touch and go if you never touch lol.

S.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I prefer low and over :) I've done this at night time into YTZ on city tours with friends. It gives them a nice view of the Toronto skyline at night.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
20DMEYYZ
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 20DMEYYZ »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 am Just balk at 5 feet, float down the runway and climb away.

S.
don't try this at yyz or alike.. especially with landers in trail. last US reg GA who caused a 705 toga after messing around on runway before clearing ended up with a missing pitot tube the next day on the ramp. not condoning this, but it did happen.

good news is if you called us prior to arriving, we happily waived the ramp fee if you stayed less than 1hr. can't help with the gtaa landing fee, can't say it would be any different at Mirabel.

as mentioned, the low&over (more practical at ytz than yyz) is recommended. just let the good lad's know your intentions when contacting atc.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

20DMEYYZ wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:13 pm
schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:07 am Just balk at 5 feet, float down the runway and climb away.

S.
don't try this at yyz or alike.. especially with landers in trail. last US reg GA who caused a 705 toga after messing around on runway before clearing ended up with a missing pitot tube the next day on the ramp. not condoning this, but it did happen.

good news is if you called us prior to arriving, we happily waived the ramp fee if you stayed less than 1hr. can't help with the gtaa landing fee, can't say it would be any different at Mirabel.

as mentioned, the low&over (more practical at ytz than yyz) is recommended. just let the good lad's know your intentions when contacting atc.
Yeah I don't think people are requesting pattern work or touch and go's at YYZ. I had YKF or YHM in mind lol.

Could you imagine if ATC vandalized all the aircraft that caused TOGAs at YYZ. GA north end would be a flaming dump of citations, king airs and phenoms.

S.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I don't believe any ATCO would be so stupid. Ramps have surveillance cameras, and damaging an aircraft like that is contrary to an international treaty to which Canada is a signatory - The Convention for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts Against the Safety of Civil Aviation. Section 83.01 of the Criminal Code makes that a terrorist activity. So that's kiss goodbye to your security clearance, your job, your pension, and say hello to, oh, probably 10 years in federal prison.

EDIT: Oh, I'm sorry - Section 77(c) of the Criminal Code: maximum sentence for damaging an aircraft like that, is life imprisonment.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “General Comments”