Whitehorse Pilot Jobs

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bronco Billy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Whitehorse Pilot Jobs

Post by Bronco Billy »

---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by Bronco Billy on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Whitehorse Pilot Jobs

Post by daedalusx »

Alkan had a pretty big expansion in the last few years and I’m sure you’ll have no problem flying their medevac 350, great plane, decent place to work. You’ll never be rich but you’ll sleep in your own bed, enjoy a great lifestyle and make a decent living. If you enjoy living up north, and dont mind the joys of your typical 703 stuff, I think Alkan could be a good fit. Schedule and pay improved quite a bit over the last few years but you’d have to ask around about the medevac shit and upcoming flight duty rules, as I’m not sure how they run their day/night on call operation nowadays.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

I used to work in Whitehorse. I LOVED that city. Such a unique part of Canada. Don't know much about employment scene there now but I just wanted to say, I've often thought about going back.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
RILEY
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by RILEY »

Air North? Do the research. Shouldn’t have a problem finding a job up there with your time & experience.

Bronco Billy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bronco Billy »

I have researched through the internet. I couldnt find any salary or schedule for any position except top seniority air north captain on the jet, which wont be my case :)

Bronco

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I would love to live in Whitehorse. Nice part of the country up there.

Alkan runs a decent operation from what I knew years back. I've seen their ads on here lately for Nanaimo base too...

Here's a Dornier 228 Captain ad from 2 weeks ago:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=130092&p=1066202#p1066202

wages based on experience starting at 83-87K? I'd think you can do a bit better... if you're coming off airline ops and have some background to support Northern ops... the 9/6 rotation isn't ideal perhaps either but maybe you aren't working all of the 9 which would make it reasonable.

It wouldn't surprise me if Air North offered fast upgrades for experienced people who wanted to join and stay. Maybe on the ATR if not the '37... I think their '37 rates went up significantly last year.

Good luck.

Last edited by altiplano on Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by golden hawk »

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 am Hey guys,

I am looking for information on the current employment situation in Whitehorse Yukon. I am currently a 705 Captain with 5000 hours, I don’t necessarily need a big plane. I would consider smaller operations with good conditions as I would make the move for the lifestyle and not for the jet fever.

Thanks!
Try Tintina Air

Bronco Billy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Bronco Billy »

Still nothing about Air North and Tintina, the Alkan team seems great!

TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

A while back Tintina had a Caravan/Navajo job ad up for a seasonal, possibly permanent, position. Monthly pay was mid-$6000s I think. The Beaver ad for a seasonal floatplane position in Atlin was $9000-$12000 per month.

Return to “General Comments”