Flair cancelling flights

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Flair cancelling flights

Post by Donald »

Cancelled flights, poor load factor, new type, wet lease costs, re-branding......beginning of the end?

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/flair-cance ... -1.4305288
---------- ADS -----------

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Flair cancelling flights

Post by JBI »

Who was the third party they were using?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

JBI wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm Who was the third party they were using?
I believe it’s Travel Service, from the Czech Republic.

Ki-ll
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Ki-ll »

Oh, that's where that foreign registered airplane came from.
It looked like OE-XXX, which I think is Austria?

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

Donald wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:22 pm Cancelled flights, poor load factor, new type, wet lease costs, re-branding......beginning of the end?

I thought the same thing. Looks like last ditch efforts.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

On a tangentially related note, why wasn't Gabor Lukacs all up in arms about this incident the way he is over delays on other airlines? Oh, right, he's a paid operative of Flair.
[https://globalnews.ca/news/4940946/fla ... on-tarmac/

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Donald wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:22 pm Cancelled flights, poor load factor, new type, wet lease costs, re-branding......beginning of the end?

As per the last sentence in the news story..... if price is to good to be true, it probably is and you get what you pay for. I tell family, relations and friends to stay clear of such outfits when booking holiday trips as there will be a point and time you will get burned in some fashion . I will never go near these type of operations with a 50ft Halifax barge pole.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Diadem wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm On a tangentially related note, why wasn't Gabor Lukacs all up in arms about this incident the way he is over delays on other airlines? Oh, right, he's a paid operative of Flair.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4940946/flai ... on-tarmac/
Fixed your link, it wasn’t clickable.

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Old fella wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:45 am

As per the last sentence in the news story..... if price is to good to be true, it probably is and you get what you pay for. I tell family, relations and friends to stay clear of such outfits when booking holiday trips as there will be a point and time you will get burned in some fashion . I will never go near these type of operations with a 50ft Halifax barge pole.
Can't believe anyone would book anything with a sunwing, for the same reason.
Sunwing has a completely different business model than Flair. They are a hotel/resort company that happens to fly airplanes.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

tps8903 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Sunwing has a completely different business model than Flair. They are a hotel/resort company that happens to fly airplanes.
Duh.

And tries to do both. Poorly ----

At least Flair is a startup. What's sunwings excuse --

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:52 pm
tps8903 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:54 pm

Duh.

And tries to do both. Poorly ----

At least Flair is a startup. What's sunwings excuse --
You are so far off base and barking up the wrong tree.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
mantogasrsrwy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mantogasrsrwy »

That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I will read today.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

mantogasrsrwy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:50 pm

That is without a doubt the dumbest thing I will read today.

Rebut it then. Factually.

Sunwing, in my view, is a very cheap, poor quality operation. I would never, ever book with them, just like some wouldn't book with a startup like Flair. Many people do, because they value a few dollars over anything else.

It's a roulette wheel if nothing bad happens, either on the flight or at their so called resorts.

wan2fly99
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wan2fly99 »

Last year first time with sunwing to Cuba It was okay

Food not the greatest anywhere i cuba, but okay

Flight was on time and of course you have the cramp seats like Rouge

whipline
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by whipline »

Your compairing Sunwing to Flair? WTF? Show me the Sunwing cancelled flights to Florida? Actually show me one cancelled flight EVER in 15 years at Sunwing.

Were you comparing companies? One of them is the largest tour company in North America with 3 billion in sales that’s 49% owned by the largest tour company in Europe with 29 billion in sales. The other has 8 737-400.

Now getting back to flair screwing bargain seeking passengers who will never book on them again.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

whipline wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 am Your compairing Sunwing to Flair? WTF? Show me the Sunwing cancelled flights to Florida? Actually show me one cancelled flight EVER in 15 years at Sunwing.

Were you comparing companies? One of them is the largest tour company in North America with 3 billion in sales that’s 49% owned by the largest tour company in Europe with 29 billion in sales. The other has 8 737-400.

Now getting back to flair screwing bargain seeking passengers who will never book on them again.
I'm not comparing them at all. I'm saying like OF posted about not booking with Flair, the same applies to me with Sunwing. Garbage quality, I don't book with garbage. My OP, shared by many, many others. Like OF says -- get what you pay for.

The difference, is Flair is a startup. But in this country, the government does nothing as the communist duopoly tries to put startups out of business. That's why this country never creates great businesses, which is fine with the Trudeau school of economics.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/westje ... -1.4942490

https://www.airlinequality.com/airline- ... -airlines/

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

When companies be they charter, vacation , scheduled airline ,ulcc or whatever, start cancelling their scheduled destinations abruptly there is plenty of evidence to suggest this is indeed the final step towards insolvency. At that point I would discourage any friend, family members(who care to listen to me)from booking travel especially family sun destinations for that particular company. From a personal perspective, I firmly say and stand by the position “ you get what you pay for”.

Last edited by Old fella on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am
whipline wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 am Your compairing Sunwing to Flair? WTF? Show me the Sunwing cancelled flights to Florida? Actually show me one cancelled flight EVER in 15 years at Sunwing.

That's why this country never creates great businesses, which is fine with the Trudeau school of economics.
Bank of Montreal
Toronto Dominion Bank
Royal Bank
Scotia Bank
Fortis
Manulife Financial
Enbridge
Shopify
Canada National Railroad
BCE
Rogers
Telus
Aecon
Alimentation Couche-Tard
CAE Inc.
Fairfax Financial
Nutrient
Weston Group of Co.

Nope, no good businesses created in Canada.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

tps8903 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:00 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:27 am

That's why this country never creates great businesses, which is fine with the Trudeau school of economics.
Bank of Montreal
Toronto Dominion Bank
Royal Bank
Scotia Bank
Fortis
Manulife Financial
Enbridge
Shopify
Canada National Railroad
BCE
Rogers
Telus
Aecon
Alimentation Couche-Tard
CAE Inc.
Fairfax Financial
Nutrient
Weston Group of Co.

Nope, no good businesses created in Canada.
No. Those aren't my definition. Financial institutions -- throw them all out. Pipelines? Please. (I like Enbridge stock, but.....)

Ditto -- Utilities of any kind -- including rogers bell telus. Crap. Toll takers, like the banks. Protected too, all of them.

CAE -- yep --CNR -- yep --couple others -- OK. Not many. Very little innovation. Shopify? We will see, over the long term.

The hated USA -- I think they have a culture that creates great businesses.

But you do you ----

Return to “General Comments”