Reginal 0ne Shut Down?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Reginal 0ne Shut Down?

Post by Dash8-400 »

They should just keep the doors closed!
---------- ADS -----------

MightyQuinn
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MightyQuinn »

True enough, I’m sure they didn’t have UN Experience, not many people do. That doesn’t make them bad managers & I'm sure they were collaborative enough to listen any of the “know it alls” that may claim to be UN guru’s. Point still remains, there was very little a manger was able to do once the toxic twins took hold of the operation with their Avmax style of noose, tightening it every day until they cut off the circulation of anyone that was working there.

I don’t suspect they will reopen, just refocus their efforts on CMA

Last edited by MightyQuinn on Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

For my self this has been a entertaining story to follow. I do believe K.B tried just her background is accounting. She’s good at numbers and didn’t put into her equation the shortage of labour in Canada of AMES, pilots.

A.Y got his wish, now avmax has most of the regional 1 townies.

The amount of money backing this airline could have made a huge introduction to the UN contracts. Yet they chose to use the wrong people to do so.

Congrats to Avmax getting higher time guys, and for thoose who went back to voyageur you have a funny tale to tell the boys in Ontario!

MightyQuinn
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MightyQuinn »

Entertaining......yes

But my heart goes out to all the employees that put in so much time and effort just to have a couple of hillbillies step on them every time they spoke up with safety and regulatory concerns.

If those two stupid nincompoops would have been able to see past the bridge of their own noses then maybe they would have been able to see the folks that stuck around would have done anything if it meant saving the AOC. Instead they chose to be little and undermined them.....tsk, tsk, tsk....when will JB learn to keep his family doing what they are good at....getting him lunch and filling pop machines.

It is a sad end to the hard work of so many....

Lemon song
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lemon song »

Q400 to whom are you referring to that had no UN Experience?....you seem to be shooting your mouth off quite a bit here. What’s your deal and what is your expertise in any of this because form where I sit you haven’t clue one.

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Lemon song. I am referring to the applicable employees that were sent to Africa for regional ones latest United Nations failed mission. I do not know where you sit, nor do I care much. Kenyan operators are completing there specified time as per there contract, yet regional 1 couldn’t even complete a year. Much is to be said upon there poor performance.

MightyQuinn
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MightyQuinn »

Dash8-400 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:40 pm Lemon song. I am referring to the applicable employees that were sent to Africa for regional ones latest United Nations failed mission. I do not know where you sit, nor do I care much. Kenyan operators are completing there specified time as per there contract, yet regional 1 couldn’t even complete a year. Much is to be said upon there poor performance.
Mr. Q if that is your real name, I think Mr. Songs concerns were to your accusations that there was no UN experience with the Operations Department where in fact if one recalls correctly they may recollect that the Captain of the UN mission did have extensive experience in flying for the UN. Now his intelligence level may be debated all day ....... or maybe it shouldn’t be. Also the Operations Manger at the time of the UN Launch had UN experience, also the head AME that was sent on the initial mission had UN experience I’m sure the drunks that worked cross shift with him have their own opinion of him but never the less he had UN / Sudan experience. And round round we go, back to why it all failed, not because of previous mgt, not because of lack of experience, because two know it alls had to stick their fat faces into someone else’s buisness and turn an airline on the brink of the most success it had ever seen into one of the easiest AOC suspensions in TC history, I guess that’s something those two clowns can put on their resume’.

Lemon song
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lemon song »

As per the Mighty Quinn’s post ! Well said. However as per the rules and regs of this board laid out by the moderators I will not add to this thread because it is starting down that slippery mud slope. Someone asked initially if R1 was shut down, the answer was provided and essentially that’s where this should have ended.
Have a good weekend everybody and keep your stick on the ice. :D

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Mightyquinn, there is a massive difference between flying at a United Nations mission and dealing with the United Nations for startup operations. The individuals mentioned by “mightyquinn” are not exactly start up material personnel . I have never actually had to deal with these two gentlemen in question but as this is a small industry, these individuals do have a name for them selves. I did see 3rd party picture of the base setup and there version of a medi-vac setup. I must say that’s quite an interesting away to start up a contract. I do believe these two do have there own purpose in aviation, Just not there.

Once again we are having a discussion as per why regional 1 was shutdown and how they can improve there operations to keep the AOC on the wall for future operations.

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Lemonsong please add, we value your input!

Boeing757
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Boeing757 »

aha why was regional shutdown lol. That’s like asking why A car won’t start without gas lol. Amazing, a gentlemen discussion about such a turd topic lol

Boeing757
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Boeing757 »

Is voyageur in wau yet? Lol

Qwertyman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Qwertyman »

Dash8-400 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:10 am Mightyquinn, there is a massive difference between flying at a United Nations mission and dealing with the United Nations for startup operations. The individuals mentioned by “mightyquinn” are not exactly start up material personnel . I have never actually had to deal with these two gentlemen in question but as this is a small industry, these individuals do have a name for them selves. I did see 3rd party picture of the base setup and there version of a medi-vac setup. I must say that’s quite an interesting away to start up a contract. I do believe these two do have there own purpose in aviation, Just not there.

Once again we are having a discussion as per why regional 1 was shutdown and how they can improve there operations to keep the AOC on the wall for future operations.
Well well well D8-400 - we know who you are and why your opinion is that KB and AY have no accountability in the failure of an airline that was able to stay afloat for over 10 years.

It’s a shame you’ve believed what you’ve been told so easily by them.

The FA Manager and the DFO you speak of with no actual fact based information - I’m curious ... which ones? Up until 2 years ago r1 couldn’t retain those people in those positions and cycled through them like you cycle through alternate facts. It was the most recent roster of management that dedicated themselves to that airline and its success and was absolutely the reason that UN contract ever got signed after so many years of the UN turning them down.

The drama you speak of - your facts are so incorrect I feel bad you thought your version possible. I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised given the level of “drama” we are talking about. You’re right about one single thing - it was next level - it began with the DFO hired in August. His decision to yell at employees, allow sexual harassment by one of his pilots and let an entirely unqualified individual operate his aircraft numerous times .... YES next level drama. How you think the FA Manager and another DFO fanned those flames ..... please elaborate. I’m curious is all and perhaps consider your version as fed to you by those in charge at the end is two parts lies and one part creation ... like rice. 😎

I’m not here to point out all of your terrible grammar or comment on your personality as it is now widely known you are a Binder sympathizer ... I just want you to know that real people built something and real people watched it torn down in the last 6 months of r1 and now are unemployed as up until the day layoffs occurred KB was stating it was “just a hiccup not to worry” .... as a fellow aviator I’m sure you’ll agree that wasn’t necessary to lead them on - because people believed her and turned down other opportunities to remain loyal .... they were laid off in under 15 minutes with no notice..... pretty big speed bump ....

Not to worry D8-400 your friend KB drove away on lay off day in her Beamer with a tear in her eye as AY followed her with his clapped out Volkswagen thinking “ maybe today is the day they'll love me enough”

Tell them none of us say Hi. 😉

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

My apologizes for my very small grammatical errors as I am typing on a phone. I would love to take time out of my valuable day to type on my MacBook but do not care too. Time is money 💰.

As per the comments above I am very surprised as any one would fall for the A.Y and K.B speech. If you fell for this speech my heart goes out for you.

The company was in shambles before and nothing much changed minus this one particular contract. This goes back years as regional 1 couldn’t complete nor hold contracts long term.

The fa and DFO managers, I do not care to mention as it seems you have got this taken care of with your many accounts.

The fa in mention was a hire of that Fa manager and same with the second one that caused issues. Unfortunate that this particular fa taught he could fly. Once again goes back to the poor management and free for all that department had.

At a certain point you must have taught, hey isn’t this what A.Y gets paid to do? He feeds people the hope and promises, even if it may be complete lies. Many staff left prior to this lay off, we could agree that the “loyal” staff in question stayed. Why? Pension? Great pay? No one will know.

One thing that was mentioned over beers was, how a few departments were not held accountable. They got away with murder and not so professional behaviour.

To those who left back to Voyageur, you will bring back funny stories of your tales at regional 1. To those who went to Avmax I hope you enjoy and get good experience there. Those who are unemployed, there’s plenty of cabin crew jobs out there.

Dash8-400
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Dash8-400 »

Here are the facts:

1) AMO was never shutdown.
2) AOC was yanked from years and years of non compliance. Fix the manual as soon as TC comes back with findings, how hard is that?

Mentioning a sexual harassment on this forum is unprofessional. This individual was never charged or even talk to about this. Making accusations about people that are unconfirmed are slander. Once again we are talking about why regional one got shutdown. This once again goes back to the behaviours and mannerisms of the department in question. As always said, it was a free fall and this proves it

Boeing757
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Boeing757 »

If y’all believed A.Ys speech! You must believe in Santa Claus, the Easter bunny and the earth is flat!

MightyQuinn
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MightyQuinn »

The Facts ehhhh....

1. Most 705 airlines have what is considered a combined AMO/AOC Governed under CAR part 706 & 573. This is for simplicity in manuals and operational advantages. Soooo when an AOC gets pulled the AMO Automatically is pulled too. TC Won’t advise you of such as it is your responsibility as an operator to know your system which I would assume they may not. Best thing to do is to review the Certification page of the operators Maintenance Policy Manual, that will tell you if it is or not. If it is and you didn’t get a letter from your PMI changing your policy manual then you are probably in contravention of the CARs again.

2. Agreed 100% again in 2015 when AY was in control of the airline they lost the ability to train flight attendants do to lack of control, in 2015 Audits performed on the flight crew training records produced over 100 findings on less then 10 pilot files. “Fix the manual as soon as TC comes back with findings, how hard is that?” A statement like that shows your complete lack of knowledge and awareness of how the SUR auditing program works, sounds like regurgitated AY gibberish to me.

Now you mention unprofessionalism and slander. Was it not you Mr. Q that started dragging these managers and their reputations through the mud without all the facts, yes I’m sure it was. If you want sit on your Ivory tower and talk about facts then you had better start with reviewing your own facts.

Qwertyman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Qwertyman »

Dash8-400 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:49 am Here are the facts:

1) AMO was never shutdown.
2) AOC was yanked from years and years of non compliance. Fix the manual as soon as TC comes back with findings, how hard is that?

Mentioning a sexual harassment on this forum is unprofessional. This individual was never charged or even talk to about this. Making accusations about people that are unconfirmed are slander. Once again we are talking about why regional one got shutdown. This once again goes back to the behaviours and mannerisms of the department in question. As always said, it was a free fall and this proves it
I thought your time was valuable ... “time is money” ... two posts to respond to my one unprofessional post ...I’d imagine you have more time than any of us ....

It’s such hypocrisy you call me unprofessional - and the sexual harassment issue you seem to speak knowledgeably about (curious) was not unfounded but occurred a minimum three reported times with reports from different individuals both male and female at the hand of one single male pilot - same stellar pilot also believed it a good idea a FA flew a plane and in fact he was sitting left seat UN-qualified as a matter of fact with the DELEGATED DFO’s suggestion!

Come at us with your alternate facts friend, and we will be here to discuss true and false with you.

PS - on my phone with grammatical correctness

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Ok, enough! Debate this via pm instead, or on YouFaceTwit...

We all know they’ve been shut down; the whys and the wherefores can/will be debated ad infinitum . However y’all are straying onto thin ice by laying the blame at the feet of Mr.X, Ms.Y or Capt.Z - which is why, I suspect, that the last thread was yanked.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.

Return to “General Comments”