Getting paid by client to provide sightseeing in my plane?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cleared4TheOption
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Getting paid by client to provide sightseeing in my plane?

Post by Cleared4TheOption »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:52 am...Also read enforcement considered somewhere doing this to gain hours for the CPL could be considered a benefit, and so a no no.
On the flip side, you could argue the hours to complete a commercial are "incidental" as whether you are splitting the cost or not, you NEED to fly those hours.

Cost sharing I wouldn't be too worried about it. Advertising on craigslist... well good luck with that.

Also huge red flag right in the title of this thread. "CLIENT". Word that suggests providing a service... not incidental at all.
---------- ADS -----------

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Cleared4TheOption wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:02 pm On the flip side, you could argue the hours to complete a commercial are "incidental" as whether you are splitting the cost or not, you NEED to fly those hours.
Technically, you can argue anything. Being loud =/= being right, and it has come up before. Perhaps a good read of the TATC records for some sort of precedent if you really, really want to push it with a chance of getting away with it is in order.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:52 am Also read enforcement considered somewhere doing this to gain hours for the CPL could be considered a benefit, and so a no no.
That has been the position in the US, where the FAA has published much advice to that effect. See for example, Harrington:
https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/he ... tation.pdf

But the rules there are differently worded to here in Canada, and interpreted and enforced differently too. I don't recall anything in writing about how TC interprets it.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Ok, if you are so motivated to do chisel charters with some poor unsuspecting pax, let me offer you a better option.

I may know aguy who knows a guy that will pay you very decent bucks for a few hours of night flying. Cargo only, so no worries about hurting pax. And you will get nightime PIC for your ”ehs”.

If your plan isto skirt around laws and regulations, and ignore your pax safety, go for the big bucks...Did I mention that all so important night PIC time?

No need to thank me. I am just a giver.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post

Return to “General Comments”