Question about Morningstar Routes

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rayman1230
Rank 0
Rank 0

Question about Morningstar Routes

Post by Rayman1230 »

Hey Everyone.

Im not a pilot, just a flight simmer. So if what im asking for isnt disclosable information or not polite to ask, please accept my apologies in advance.

I recently picked up a Caravan SC and it has the FedEx Feeder livery. Im also probably picking up a 757-200F that comes with the FedEx paint on it. As I do a lot of flying in game around YYZ (as I know the area), I have been trying to do routes based roughly on the real thing just to mix things up. Ive read on here FedEx basically contracts Morningstar to do the deliveries in Canada as FedEx cant for legal reason.

My question is what are the routes both the Caravans and 757's typically fly? I know theres an ATR that runs from YMX to YQB (but the only ATR I can get is a passenger only version).

So far my digging using the search feature found this on the Caravans:

CYYZ-Pearson:

CYSB-Sudbury -> CTYS Timmins
CYYB-North Bay
CYAN-Sault Ste Marie

CYWG-Winnipeg:

CYQT-Thunder Bay
CYXE-Saskatoon
CYQR-Regina

CYVR-Vancouver:

CYYJ-Victoria

Are there any routes here Im missing? I also couldnt find anything on the maritime's but I did read somewhere Morningstar flies into Moncton and Halifax. Finally the 757's-Im assuming FedEx flies into YYZ, then the leased planes take the freight to Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal and then Moncton and Halifax? Are these straight runs or hops?

Any information via reply or PM is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!
---------- ADS -----------

indieadventurer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Question about Morningstar Routes

Post by indieadventurer »

If you’re curious about their routes check flightaware throughout the day https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/MAL and you’ll be able to see the routes flown by the 757, ATR and Caravans. 757 is mostly night time and caravans day time.

VSF
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by VSF »

A question I've always had, sort of on topic, is why the Morningstar C208s don't conduct RNAV approaches in places like YSB and YYB.

Rayman1230
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Rayman1230 »

Thanks to the posters and those that have PM'd me. Definitely some good information for some flight planning for me!

praveen4143
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by praveen4143 »

Has Morningstar started flying out of Calgary now? Feel like I've heard them at least on two different occasions. Both later in the evening.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

VSF wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:49 am A question I've always had, sort of on topic, is why the Morningstar C208s don't conduct RNAV approaches in places like YSB and YYB.
Not RNAV capable? I don’t know much about Morningstar but I don’t believe Skylink or Flightcraft have RNAV either.

Each of those airports has an ILS and usually the number of days you can’t do a traditional NPA as a cloud break or can’t use the ILS because of winds or equipment outages is pretty small.

If you’re just flying cargo once a day not much need for timely connections. Cargo doesn’t care.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

iflyforpie wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 am If you’re just flying cargo once a day not much need for timely connections. Cargo doesn’t care.
The parcels don’t, but the people waiting for (and paying for) on time delivery very much do. Miss a connection with a feeder flight and that’s a *lot* of delayed consignments.

I think a late FedEx flight costs a lot more than a late Air Canada flight.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

photofly wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:58 am
iflyforpie wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 am If you’re just flying cargo once a day not much need for timely connections. Cargo doesn’t care.
The parcels don’t, but the people waiting for (and paying for) on time delivery very much do. Miss a connection with a feeder flight and that’s a *lot* of delayed consignments.

I think a late FedEx flight costs a lot more than a late Air Canada flight.
Yeah.... I’m sure everyone is rolling in the dough from compensation from the late Purolator/Canada Post shipments this Christmas.

Or that a “by the end of the day” delivery is at all comparable to passengers trying to meet a schedule or make a connection in the face of a weather delay of a few hours.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

I've flown cargo and the drivers at the other end get right pissed when you are late.

viccoastdog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by viccoastdog »

iflyforpie wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:44 am
VSF wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:49 am A question I've always had, sort of on topic, is why the Morningstar C208s don't conduct RNAV approaches in places like YSB and YYB.
Not RNAV capable? I don’t know much about Morningstar but I don’t believe Skylink or Flightcraft have RNAV either.

Each of those airports has an ILS and usually the number of days you can’t do a traditional NPA as a cloud break or can’t use the ILS because of winds or equipment outages is pretty small.

If you’re just flying cargo once a day not much need for timely connections. Cargo doesn’t care.
RNAV capable but still awaiting TC approval. Following that, each pilot's next annual sim check will need RNAV training. So could be awhile, but it's coming ....so is Christmas.

Return to “General Comments”