Air Georgian loses libel suit

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Air Georgian loses libel suit

Post by North Shore »

https://nationalpost.com/news/judge-tos ... ments-area
An Ontario judge has thrown out a major regional airline’s $10-million libel action against one of its former pilots, ruling the lawsuit had an unduly chilling effect on discussion of air safety.

Alan Eugeni’s book about his experiences at Air Georgian — where his starting salary as a pilot was $32,000 — was at times provocative and sensationalist and lacked input from the airline, said Justice Shaun O’Brien.

But he found the public importance of debate about the company’s safety record outweighed any damage done to the firm, an Air Canada sub-contractor.
---------- ADS -----------

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Air Georgian loses libel suit

Post by Thorjones »

should this really be posted on this site?

didnt avcanada sell their soul to ggn?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

In case you were wondering, yes they are hiring.

Wrt North Shores post, that is wonderful news. I think we've all had a friend who's dabbled with hard time under GGNs flag and made it out to one up everybody elses stories over drinks.

S.

Jettime3
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jettime3 »

I'm so sick of reading the name Air Georigan . Glad the voice of rationale ruled in favour of the pilot . Everything he wrote is accurate. It says a lot about a company who uses lawyers and attempts to destroy a persons life because he had a genuine safety concern which was shared with many of us who had the misfortune of every working at that place. Hats off to Captain A.E. I'd love to buy him a beer .

Return to “General Comments”