AVRO 100 First Officer or King Air 200 Captain

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: AVRO 100 First Officer or King Air 200 Captain

Post by albertdesalvo »

iflyforpie wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 amAll I have left is my soul.
You win the internet for this day. I laughed until it hurt.
---------- ADS -----------

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

They're both equal. And different. You will not be considered any better or worse regardless of your choice. So it really depends on what you find more attractive.

You're 50 so my guess is that you are not aiming for big red or any other bus driver job. Even if you did, the choice would not make a difference. The bus operators are looking for only a few things; you can breathe, you are trainable, and that is just about it.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

What are your goals? What experience do you have now? How's the job, the pay?

If it were me I'd take the 146...

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

altiplano wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:37 pm What are your goals? What experience do you have now? How's the job, the pay?

If it were me I'd take the 146...
It's hard to say without having a rough idea of your background, and more about the jobs on offer. I'd be thinking about pay. What does a King Air captain make these days? What does a 146 F.O. make? I haven't looked for a job in decades so I'm out of the loop here, but I'd wager the two jobs are ballpark-ish similar in pay? If you're a 146 F.O. and are eligible for an upgrade eventually, there's a way to basically double your income. How does a King Air captain double his income?

I admit I could be out to lunch here because I have no idea of the remuneration involved in these particular positions. Just something to think about, though. If I was in your shoes, I'd be tempted by either offer. They are both nice planes to fly.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself

Return to “General Comments”