Bose aviation headsets...pleased be advised:

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Helno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Bose aviation headsets...pleased be advised:

Post by Helno »

dpm wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:51 pm One of the plastic side yokes cracked a few months ago, so it sent it to Brant Aero (the authorised Canadian repair shop) and got it back in a bit over a week, totally overhauled, with stronger side yokes, for just over CA $200 including HST and shipping.
I did the same thing last summer. It got stepped on during a COPA for kids event.

Got told that it was end of life but if they had parts they would fix it.

Came back in better shape than before it was broken.

If they could not have sourced the parts of the frame I was going to just 3d print them since they are well beyond any expectation of repairs at this point.
---------- ADS -----------

dpm
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dpm »

Helno wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:54 amIf they could not have sourced the parts of the frame I was going to just 3d print them since they are well beyond any expectation of repairs at this point.
Exactly. I was so convinced it wouldn't be repairable that I'd already ordered one of these (an astoundingly inexpensive ANR headset) as a stopgap until I figured out what to do:

https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/a ... -13315.php

Now I have ANR for one passenger as well. (The Crazed Pilot ANR headset is great for the price -- just as easy to hear as the $$$ Bose headset, but not quite as comfortable. Strongly recommend as a student/pax headset.)

@CYRO
Helno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Helno »

dpm wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:37 pm Now I have ANR for one passenger as well.
My plane came with a pair of 6 pin Bose X headsets and my partner and I both already owned A20's.

We have self powered ANR headsets for all four seats even though we rarely use all of them.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

I think you spelled snipe wrong.

Return to “General Comments”