cars question

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

cars question

Post by MZUNGO »

ok I need help with a disagreement between Myself and a coworker.
when making a correction on a logpage you are supposed to draw a single line through the item and write "eie" on it and initial.
where in CARS does it specify this?
my Coworker says it also needs to be dated. I say no.
so of course we both have tried to look it up with no sucess. any help would be great
thanks
M
---------- ADS -----------

laserstrike
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: cars question

Post by laserstrike »

If a simple line through the whole thing isn't enough I guess I've invalidated a lot of log books

Mach .28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mach .28 »

I'll give you a hint....find it in.....605.XX It took about 30 seconds to google search it.

But keep in mind you COM or MPM may have a specific procedure for your company that may be more restrictive than the CARs. Take a look there too.

MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

found it. looks like I'm buying lunch.
@lazerstrike it looks like you are going to jail ;)

605.93 (1) Every person who makes an entry in a technical record shall

(5) Subject to subsection (6), where a person alters an entry on a technical record for the purpose of correcting the entry, the person shall do so by striking out the incorrect entry in such a manner that the underlying information remains legible, and inserting the correct entry together with

(a) the date of the alteration;

(b) the reason for the alteration, if it is necessary to clarify why the alteration was made; and

(c) the person’s name and signature or employee identifier or, where the record is kept as electronic data, the person’s user code or equivalent security designation.

(6) Where a correction referred to in subsection (5) is being made to a technical record that is maintained as electronic data, the correction shall be made in a manner that does not render the original data inaccessible.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

MZUNGO wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:31 pm ok I need help with a disagreement between Myself and a coworker.
when making a correction on a logpage you are supposed to draw a single line through the item and write "eie" on it and initial.
where in CARS does it specify this?
my Coworker says it also needs to be dated. I say no.
so of course we both have tried to look it up with no sucess. any help would be great
thanks
M
Logpage as in aircraft logbook or logpage as in pilot logbook?

Going for the deck at corner
MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

AuxBatOn wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:02 pm Logpage as in aircraft logbook or logpage as in pilot logbook?
aircraft logbook

Return to “General Comments”