Scariest time as a pilot

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BE20 Driver
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Scariest time as a pilot

Post by BE20 Driver » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:33 pm

rk1996 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:29 pm
Hello guys/gals,

Lately, I was thinking about something interesting to ask and to learn from. I was wondering if some of you would share what was the scariest thing that have ever happened to you in your pilot career.

Thanks! :rolleyes:
Pay day.
---------- ADS -----------

jakeandelwood
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jakeandelwood » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm

goingnowherefast wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:40 pm
I never screwed around with Navajos in icing...well same goes for turbine anything, but slightly more tolerant when there's reserve power and more altitude options in pressurized airplanes
The MU-2 pilots always said they'd rather be in a Navajo in ice. When was that incident over mabel lake? Before my time i think

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 pm

jakeandelwood wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm
The MU-2 pilots always said they'd rather be in a Navajo in ice.
That’s amazing. I’ve never flown a ho but the rice rocket will carry a lot more ice than it has any right to as long as everything is serviceable.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm

He he he.........

Retired for stupid reasons after 4 decades but I got a passtime with pocket money dropping skydivers.............

Hardest and most stressful job in my life. AND, believe it of not, need to fly to a standard that exceeds anything I ever did. All that for pocket money.

Thought I saw it all after 40 years from cessnas to 747's and everything in between.

I was wrong.

Inflated egos need not apply. Adrenaline junkies are the perfect fit. I am neither of those, so I do what I can and show up for work with more trepidation than I ever have..........Flying was always easy for me, this stuff.....not so much.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

Return to “General Comments”