uAvionix SkyBeacon installation in Canada

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: uAvionix SkyBeacon installation in Canada

Post by flyguy73 »

Why is the FAA flight test verification of ADS-B coming up here? I thought that was required for US aircraft to qualify for the FAA rebate. I doubt Uncle Sam is going to send his money north.(?)
In fact, this was what I was originally asking about. Is this performance flight unnecessary? Certainly the ADS-B rebate is not applicable to non N-registered planes. But I would have expected that the FAA would require some documented proof that the ADS-B actually works in order to fly in Class C airspace? Perhaps not.
---------- ADS -----------

Helno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Helno »

It is really easy to do a verification flight. You don't even need to land in the US.

Just fly across the border in a place that has Radar and ground station coverage.

After the flight you enter your details on the following website and you will get a report shortly.

https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/paprrequest.aspx

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

The documented proof comes from the ADS-B system being installed properly and testing out properly on the ground. I've installed several and while doing a papr is fun it's not required and it's never done anything other than confirm what we already knew on the ground.

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

ahramin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:58 am The documented proof comes from the ADS-B system being installed properly and testing out properly on the ground. I've installed several and while doing a papr is fun it's not required and it's never done anything other than confirm what we already knew on the ground.
Good to know, thanks. So I guess the "documented proof" is just the appropriate entry in the maintenance log. Done!

broken_slinky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broken_slinky »

ahramin wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:58 am The documented proof comes from the ADS-B system being installed properly and testing out properly on the ground. I've installed several and while doing a papr is fun it's not required and it's never done anything other than confirm what we already knew on the ground.
Ahramin, were those installs on experimental or cert. aircraft (private or commercial)?

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Amateur built but the rules for confirming proper operation are the same.

Return to “General Comments”