Where to dock/store a floatplane near Guelph

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Skydreamer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Where to dock/store a floatplane near Guelph

Post by Skydreamer »

Does anyone have suggestions on where someone could dock a floatplane near Guelph Ontario? and estimated costs for doing so?

I'm looking at some entry-level floatplane options to build hours (e.g. Champ, J3 cub, taylorcraft bc12-d, etc). There seem to be options in the $20-40k range. However, I can't seem to figure out where I would dock one of these floatplanes around the Guelph area. I'm also wondering about winter storage. I'm not sure how I'd get the the aircraft to the Guelph airpark, Waterloo airport, etc if it is on straight floats. Obviously a water aerodrome with winter storage facilities would be best, but I'm open to any suggestions.

I work in Guelph and would be flying this evenings and weekends, so would likely need somewhere within half hour to hour max from Guelph (~50-100km). But I'm open to other suggestions.

Thanks very much in advance for any insights.
---------- ADS -----------

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Where to dock/store a floatplane near Guelph

Post by JasonE »

Not much options...Make a friend on Puslinch?

Belwood would be your next option, again make a friend.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lotro »

There was a water aerodrome on Puslinch Lake. Check out the Ontario Floatplane guys on facebook, or better yet, go to a BBQ at the Guelph Airpark on Thursday nights (weather permitting) and ask around.

linecrew
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by linecrew »

Lotro wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:37 pm There was a water aerodrome on Puslinch Lake.
There still is...

Return to “General Comments”