Becoming a pilot with a DUI

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

User avatar
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2053
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:49 pm
Location: of my pants is unknown.

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by complexintentions » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:58 am

dialdriver wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:55 am
Wow! Are you my new internet bully? If you can't maintain a civilized discussion, you can always resort to a personal attack. But then, most people will just avoid you - which is what I will be doing. Likely why the discussion ended. Nice job shutting down this thread. Slow clap...
Yep, the thread shut right down. :roll:

I take it you are someone who thinks it's "all about you", but actually my comments apply to anyone who thinks they can get away with things indefinitely. Surely you can understand it's not really displaying great intelligence to freely admit on a public forum, even under a pseudonym, that you've been lying about your criminal record for decades? It's like Fight Club...the first rule of telling a lie is...not talking about telling a lie...

I hope I have phrased that gently enough so that it's not too much of an "attack" to handle...?

If one wants to lie in a job interview, a Customs questioning, a visa application, or similar, because they are confident they won't be found out, that's fine - but don't lie to yourself as well and assume you'll never be outed.

Ya might be surprised one day. :lol:
---------- ADS -----------
  
I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by confusedalot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:05 pm

A whole hell of alot of disinformation here...

I was arrested for a dui, in my house, truck parked in the garage, 1.5 hours after, driving......

All this after a kid crashed into my rear bumper, while texting on his cellphone, in a parking lot, at 10 pm.

Kid needed to justify his actions, so after calming him down and doing the standard routine of exchanging insurance information, I left.

He called the cops after the fact. Said I was walking funny and smelled of alcohol.

I was 58, I do walk funny because of age, I drive an suv which is hard to get out of, had a grand total of 2 drinks watching tv shows, going to get fries at the local fast food place cuz I felt like it.

Nowhere near drunk.

So here I am talking to the insurance company, well after the fact, on the phone, and having my brandy.

Cops show up, make the accusation, phone and brandy in hand. 1.5 hours later. Go figure.

Never got convicted of course, completely stupid police work, but it serves as a lesson about how dumb the system works.

So.......a dui does NOT exclude yoy from the US. They consider that as a trivial affair, contrary to canada which considers it equivalent to armed robbery or pedophilia.

Tell them about the dui, some, but not everybody, will dismiss as a minor thing that does not deserve total banishment from society and the right to earn a living. The crazies will have you burn in hell though.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by imcool » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am

so you are saying that pardon can get you back to regular course of life like it never happened?

that very disapppinting, i am a victim of a violent road rage and almost lost an eye because of this stupid teen guy under 18 did not like my skin color. he attacked me with a screwdriver on a busy intersection in Ontario.

obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court like any law abiding citizen and he pleaded guilty and guess what he did not get any jail time only paid for damages caused which was 300$

now you are saying that he will get pardon like it never happened and laugh about it before going to sleep whenever he recalls that issue and enjoy canadian system?

so laws, penalties, sentences, convictions are just to scare law abiding citizens in Canada as per my own experiences.

As you can become a pilot with a criminal record.
---------- ADS -----------
  

User avatar
confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:08 pm
Location: location, location, is what matters

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by confusedalot » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:49 pm

We're talking dui, not major aggravated assault.

There is a difference. Dui is a bad mistake, but does not carry criminal intent with a desire to inflict harm.

You need to see the difference. Putting a dui into the same boat as a violent person is just plain wrong.
---------- ADS -----------
  
Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1200
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by C.W.E. » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:27 pm

I was convicted of DUI, should my flying career have been ended?
---------- ADS -----------
  

altiplano
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3618
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by altiplano » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 pm

imcool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am
so you are saying that pardon can get you back to regular course of life like it never happened?

that very disapppinting, i am a victim of a violent road rage and almost lost an eye because of this stupid teen guy under 18 did not like my skin color. he attacked me with a screwdriver on a busy intersection in Ontario.

obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court like any law abiding citizen and he pleaded guilty and guess what he did not get any jail time only paid for damages caused which was 300$

now you are saying that he will get pardon like it never happened and laugh about it before going to sleep whenever he recalls that issue and enjoy canadian system?

so laws, penalties, sentences, convictions are just to scare law abiding citizens in Canada as per my own experiences.

As you can become a pilot with a criminal record.
AI Troll?

"busy intersection in Ontario"...
---------- ADS -----------
  

albertdesalvo
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 696
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:38 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by albertdesalvo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 am

imcool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am
obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court
Sure you did. You're obviously a police officer. Oh, you're not? Then please explain how you managed to charge him.

Cool story, bro.
---------- ADS -----------
  

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by imcool » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:20 pm

albertdesalvo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 am
imcool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am
obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court
Sure you did. You're obviously a police officer. Oh, you're not? Then please explain how you managed to charge him.

Cool story, bro.
Cops put charges on him after I called 911. what else should I have written instead?
---------- ADS -----------
  

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by imcool » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:25 pm

altiplano wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:14 pm
imcool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am
so you are saying that pardon can get you back to regular course of life like it never happened?

that very disapppinting, i am a victim of a violent road rage and almost lost an eye because of this stupid teen guy under 18 did not like my skin color. he attacked me with a screwdriver on a busy intersection in Ontario.

obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court like any law abiding citizen and he pleaded guilty and guess what he did not get any jail time only paid for damages caused which was 300$

now you are saying that he will get pardon like it never happened and laugh about it before going to sleep whenever he recalls that issue and enjoy canadian system?

so laws, penalties, sentences, convictions are just to scare law abiding citizens in Canada as per my own experiences.

As you can become a pilot with a criminal record.
AI Troll?

"busy intersection in Ontario"...
its interesting how you are accusing me of being a troll, i hope you or your loved one never get in such a situation, maybe then you will understand better. Anyways, i dont want to waste time in arguing with people seems to me are in support of road rage assaults.
---------- ADS -----------
  

altiplano
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3618
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by altiplano » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:19 pm

Whatever Buffy.

I thought you were an AI troll which this sight has seen several of.

Your part just seemed so irrelevant and some strangely written story... you have so little to add I didn't think you were real...
---------- ADS -----------
  

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by tps8903 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm

albertdesalvo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 am
imcool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am
obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court
Sure you did. You're obviously a police officer. Oh, you're not? Then please explain how you managed to charge him.

Cool story, bro.
A police officer is not required to lay a charge in Ontario. A private citizen is capable of swearing an Information in front of a Justice of the Peace.
---------- ADS -----------
  

imcool
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: Becoming a pilot with a DUI

Post by imcool » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:14 pm

tps8903 wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 pm
albertdesalvo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:26 am
imcool wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:05 am
obvioulsy i charged him and took him to court
Sure you did. You're obviously a police officer. Oh, you're not? Then please explain how you managed to charge him.

Cool story, bro.
A police officer is not required to lay a charge in Ontario. A private citizen is capable of swearing an Information in front of a Justice of the Peace.
All i did is, called cops as soon it happened and they filed complaint in their cruiser computer along the roadside, I got a case number and I went home with broken window in -5C
---------- ADS -----------
  

Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”