Transat Votes Yes for Air Canada Acquisition

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Transat Votes Yes for Air Canada Acquisition

Post by ahramin »

95% yes vote. Now that we know it's happening, I look forward to knowing what is happening.
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: AT Votes Yes for AC Acquisition

Post by DanWEC »

Something I've heard from the AC side is the very real possibility of Transat completely replacing Rouge....

Mainline needs pilots, so Rouge crew would slide over to mainline. Solves that.
Rouge 319 and 767's at end of life would be retired and replaced by Transat's fleet with no changes to scope.

Transat pilots would either keep the existing contract or start operating under Rouge's. Or be a reneg and likely a blend of whatever are the high points are between the two.

Transat already has the approval, slots and gates that support the leisure type of operation.

This to me makes more sense than Transat suddenly becoming mainline, unfortunately.

Thoughts?

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Who knows what they'll do with their airplanes but I think AT pilots will be AC pilots in less than a year (whether they start at Rouge or not)

Hangry
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hangry »

DanWEC wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:40 am Something I've heard from the AC side is the very real possibility of Transat completely replacing Rouge....

Mainline needs pilots, so Rouge crew would slide over to mainline. Solves that.
Rouge 319 and 767's at end of life would be retired and replaced by Transat's fleet with no changes to scope.

Transat pilots would either keep the existing contract or start operating under Rouge's. Or be a reneg and likely a blend of whatever are the high points are between the two.

Transat already has the approval, slots and gates that support the leisure type of operation.

This to me makes more sense than Transat suddenly becoming mainline, unfortunately.

Thoughts?
Mainline and Rouge pilots are all ACPA pilots. Rouge pilots have bid not to be mainline pilots.

Any kind of forced “mainlinezation” of said pilots would be met with fierce resistance.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

Mapleflt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:45 am And those shiny new 737 max's park in the desert just became Neo's
Not according to the last equipment bid.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Transat Votes Yes for Air Canada Acquisition

Post by sanjet »

Mapleflt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:17 am Which was likely put out before the AT approval announcement
I can assure you, AC management is years ahead of everyone else including employees/pilots.

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Transat Votes Yes for Air Canada Acquisition

Post by Victory »

Return to “General Comments”