CATSA “ faith leaders”

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: CATSA “ faith leaders”

Post by rookiepilot »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:56 am
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:49 am
Heliian wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:01 am Just let them do their jobs.
They are horribly incompetent, poorly trained, and often exceptionally rude without cause.

Don't put up stupid posters with "faith leader" on it if you don't want pushback.

Just DO your job.
Anyone with even a modicum of capability for critical thought would figure out that a somewhat adversarial approach is a more effective way to weed out the suspicious characters in the crowd than trying to be everyone's friend. The cops don't sing Kumbaya with the suspect before they start the interview. Do you read the emergency checklist in a friendly singing voice, or in a calm, clear and professional tone?
This is such a asinine comment.

Check out how the Israeli's handle security. Your claiming CATSA is even anywhere in the same universe?

Of course Israel's approach isn't PC enough for our "Peoplekind" leader.

It's called training. Mall cops have more insight.
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

I don't know how people can be so hostile.

It's literally muscle memory for me. Press button - maybe get red - remove coat - take sandwich and bottle of water out of bag - throw everything in pockets in tray - open belt buckle - get wanded - everything's good. Collect effects. Been the same way for almost a decade now.

Takes me like maybe 1 1/2 minutes max.

I don't see what the problem is.

Also, CATSA isn't "Airport Security" - they're primarily involved in passenger/employee screening. The same security contractor may provide security though, but it'll be different employees and contract, usually requiring staff to hold applicable provincial security licenses.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:16 am

Check out how the Israeli's handle security.

Luckily we're not like Israel. jeez, have you seen the state of affairs over there?

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Yeah, no doubt. They literally run the world’s largest penal colony.

I wonder why people live here if they hate Canada so much? Adios.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Their job is to catch violations the first time, not the 3rd, 4th or 5th time though.

Their job is to apply regulations (theatrics) evenly and in a standardized manner across the country. Not have localized deviances we all notice between different airports.

I will get upset with screeners when they make up rules that are different than everywhere else in Canada, or are obviously talking out their ass.

Maybe they're called faith leaders because they want us to have faith in some higher deity to actually protect us from security threats

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

But what, exactly is a "faith leader"? What does this buzzphrase mean? Does it have something to do with religion? Are they all fans of a certain George Michael album from 1987? The phrase means nothing to me, it's just babble.

So you're a faith leader, whatever it is. What does that have to do with airport security?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Zaibatsu wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:19 pm Yeah, no doubt. They literally run the world’s largest penal colony.

I wonder why people live here if they hate Canada so much? Adios.
I don't hate Canada.

I absolutely despise KING Trudeau's version of Canada.

You Adios! It's MY country not the PC police shown by "faith leader" billboards.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

I absolutely despise KING Trudeau's version of Canada.
Same here ! However, how is it that you get a free pass from the PC mods and yet I get a warning or get booted for such truths ?

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:42 pm It's MY country
Is it? What about the other 37 million of us? I didn't realize you owned it. In that case there's a few things you'd better get to work on.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

It's MY country

We are being taught and shamed into believing that everyone is an "immigrant" that Canada is a "post national state" there is no identity or culture and bringing in people who hate us, ghettoize, and want to have a country within a country or to simply overthrow this country and turn it into the one they left ( Islam-Sharia law) is a GOOD thing and diversity and multiculturalism is a goooood thing ! BOY, have we been taken to the cleaners !
BTW, My wife is a recent immigrant from the Philippines, so you would have a hard time calling me racist !

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

corethatthermal wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:29 pm you would have a hard time calling me racist !
It’s not difficult.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:54 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:42 pm It's MY country
Is it? What about the other 37 million of us? I didn't realize you owned it. In that case there's a few things you'd better get to work on.
You're darn right I own it, along with the 37 million other citizens of this great country.

My comment was a direct response to another poster, whose answer to my criticism of the --- acknowledged by a number of posters -- competence of the CATSA security personnel, was "those who aren't happy with Canada should leave".

Really? And shut up too, then?

This is common theme in political correctness. If anyone debates, shut them up. Criticism isn't tolerated. Just ask our former Justice Minister, who was a poster child for Trudeau's Canada.

Until she dared to disagree with him.

No.

It's my country, and I'll criticize its descent into ridiculous levels of immigrant vote pandering and political correctness, demonstrated here by a CATSA banner with "faith leader" --- (whatever that means) --- all I want, thank you.

I say again: Do your job. No promotion. No political agendas.

And BTW: I'm a white male, born in this country. I am not going to apologize for that fact. I have a right to have my voice heard in Trudeau's version of Canada, too.

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

It was meant to be a humorous comment. I didn’t realize you’d get triggered. Safe place .... safe place...

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:36 pm That's why it's called theatrical security or the illusion of security.

I get most of my crap confiscated on the return trip, be it toothpaste, or otherwise. One of my coworkers (non pilot) has a back pack that he uses for carry-on. One day they found a .22LR (small rim fire bullet) in his bag, they lost their shit! Funny part was that bag has been through security several times already. He hadn't been shooting with that bag in quite a while.
that was really fun when they found a 9mm in my bag in china..

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I had gone out shooting with my wife and grandfather. I had picked up the brass as we shot and tossed it in acoat pocket. Packed the coat into my luggage and forgot about the brass. All I got at security was "uh.. do you have spent ammo in your bag"
".... Oh shit! yeah in my coat!"
"I mean... Do you want to keep it? You can go declare it.."
"No I don't need it."
"Ok" just throws it out

switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

Which airport has this kind of common sense security folks?

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.
'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Aviatard wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:03 pm It was meant to be a humorous comment. I didn’t realize you’d get triggered. Safe place .... safe place...
No it wasn't

jakeandelwood
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by jakeandelwood »

digits_ wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm There is a whole bunch of them with a variety of hobbies or personality desceiptions.

Probably an attempt to humanize security folks. A bit awkward maybe, but I don't see a political angle.
I guess there are none that say; "I listen to death metal, drink beer and I'm a screening officer"

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

'97 Tercel wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:28 am
Aviatard wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:03 pm It was meant to be a humorous comment. I didn’t realize you’d get triggered. Safe place .... safe place...
No it wasn't
You don’t know my pain bro.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

jakeandelwood wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:13 am
digits_ wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:36 pm There is a whole bunch of them with a variety of hobbies or personality desceiptions.

Probably an attempt to humanize security folks. A bit awkward maybe, but I don't see a political angle.
I guess there are none that say; "I listen to death metal, drink beer and I'm a screening officer"
That would be at least amusing.

Return to “General Comments”