Air Canada has to pay $15,000 to a couple because the word 'lift' was not engraved on seatbelts in French

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Air Canada has to pay $15,000 to a couple because the word 'lift' was not engraved on seatbelts in French

Post by TG »

altiplano wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:36 pm What does the buckle say on an Air France Airbus?
It says “Air France” lol
---------- ADS -----------

bald seagull
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Air Canada has to pay $15,000 to a couple because the word 'lift' was not engraved on seatbelts in French

Post by bald seagull »

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Gino Under wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:34 pm We can all agree, LIFT is not a French word and it isn’t stamped into the buckle.
All airlines in Canada should collaborate and put these nice people on a No Fly list.
For safety reasons. Of course.
Actually it is engraved on the buckle
https://assets.atlasobscura.com/article ... /image.jpg

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

My Air Canada A320 flight last week had nothing embossed on the buckle. Coincidence?

Gino

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

AFAIK they have always been that way.

Return to “General Comments”