Canada Jetlines Loses Investors

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Canada Jetlines Loses Investors

Post by dialdriver »

---------- ADS -----------

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Canada Jetlines Loses Investors

Post by telex »

Does this mean hiring is postponed?

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

"One of the principal concerns encountered by Jetlines team while engaging with investors is that they believe the existing dominant members of Canada’s aviation duopoly will react very aggressively once the company starts operations, and in fact have already done so in anticipation of Jetlines entry into the market."

Exactly the issue I've talked about earlier. Canada doesn't protect new entrants from predatory behaviour. And then companies don't have to compete. This is why any Canadian company going into the US market gets its butt kicked. Can't handle genuine competition.

Most it seemed from the last thread disagree, and like the country club deal with overpriced services here, but the investors in this case seem to care. I agree.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

And that, my friends, is how capitalism works. Whether it be 19th century Wells Fargo asking for their rural customer’s books before gouging them on waybills or refusing service if they didn’t cooperate or 20th century Pan Am secretly telling both Boeing and Douglas it wouldn’t buy their jetliners if they sold them to its competitors.

I’m glad that Canadian companies have some of this good old ruthless American entrepreneurial spirit......... ... as it preserves their share values and profits and ensures the market won’t be split or over saturated and force them to compete.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

I say this so called Jetlines will finally fold up like a cheap tent and be blown into the aviation crevasse and be deposited amongst the remains of similar claptrap enterprises - hopefully never to be heard from again. :rolleyes:

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

rookiepilot wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 pm "One of the principal concerns encountered by Jetlines team while engaging with investors is that they believe the existing dominant members of Canada’s aviation duopoly will react very aggressively once the company starts operations, and in fact have already done so in anticipation of Jetlines entry into the market."

Exactly the issue I've talked about earlier. Canada doesn't protect new entrants from predatory behaviour. And then companies don't have to compete. This is why any Canadian company going into the US market gets its butt kicked. Can't handle genuine competition.

Most it seemed from the last thread disagree, and like the country club deal with overpriced services here, but the investors in this case seem to care. I agree.
You don't get to the high roller tables in Vegas with five bucks in your pocket. Anyone who's paid even a moment's attention to this outfit's drip-drip run of press releases has known from the beginning that it would never turn a wheel. The very notion of expecting to base a ULCC out of a high cost of living city like YVR was just one of their many amateur hour moves.

Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

Good effing riddance! Who’s next?

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Maxpwr wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:34 pm Good effing riddance! Who’s next?
Hopefully Swoop.

Just callin it like it is.
Maxpwr
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Maxpwr »

.80@410 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:16 am
Hopefully Swoop.
AMEN!

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

.80@410 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:16 am
Hopefully Swoop.
Why? I like being able to travel to vancouver and back for under $200

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I like it when 737 pilots make more than 1900 pilots. When swoop captain goes for less than 1900 captain, there's a problem. 1900 person probably has a better schedule too.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

Can you even call it a schedule when it’s written on a whiteboard with an erasable marker?

Return to “General Comments”