AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE IN GORE BAY, ONTARIO

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

BGardner
Rank 1
Rank 1

AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE IN GORE BAY, ONTARIO

Post by BGardner »

Questions regarding aircraft maintenance/aircraft movements in Gore Bay. These questions are geared toward private owners and flight schools/clubs.
1. Who flies into Gore Bay on a regular basis?
2. Who flies into Gore Bay en route to another destination or to perform airwork? (i.e Oshkosh, cross-countries or practice)
3. Would a full-time maintenance facility encourage you to use Gore Bay airport more?
4. If you are not a tenant of Gore Bay airport, what would make you consider Gore Bay as your regular maintenance facility?
5. If you are a tenant of Gore Bay airport, would you be more inclined to use your local maintenance facility?

Thanks to all who participated.
---------- ADS -----------

ctmorawetz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE IN GORE BAY, ONTARIO

Post by ctmorawetz »

I have flown into Gore Bay in the past on the way home from Oshkosh and ferrying aircraft through the area. Not based anywhere near by and would not consider Gore Bay as a regular maintenance facility, but it would be good to know if such a facility is established in case I had a breakdown enroute someday.

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green
BGardner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BGardner »

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you

Helno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Helno »

I fly through there on route from Oshkosh.

Would be nice to have someone there if something went wrong but the lack thereof does not stop me from using the airport.

BGardner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BGardner »

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lotro »

There's a real shortage of good AMEs in North Eastern Ontario, I know that there are a few in YSB and NK4, but we've only got one at YAM and I know local guys looking for someone, floatplane guys, guys in Wawa, guys in Thessalon... a lot of guys are retiring too and that's leaving everyone wondering who will take over. I know guys who fly to southern Ontario for their annuals, or bring up a guy from down there because they can't get a local person. Don't even get me started on avionics...

I think there's a lot of opportunity.

BGardner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by BGardner »

Absolutely. That's the unfortunate dose of reality the aviation industry is facing. The airlines aren't the only ones feeling the pinch. It's a trickle down effect really.There's plenty of work out there for young, but experienced AME's. Location is everything. As far as avionics, everything is getting sent back to the manufacturers anyway. You have to send it to the dealer first, costing more in shipping and down time.

Thanks for your response.

Return to “General Comments”