Authority to Release Information - Converting a license from TC to Foreign

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

izzyjryan
Rank 0
Rank 0

Authority to Release Information - Converting a license from TC to Foreign

Post by izzyjryan »

G'day all!

Im asking in regards to Personal Licensing and if anyone has experience converting from a Canadian CPL to a Foreign License. (Specifically Canada to Australia)

Basically... CASA (Australian Civil Aviation Authority) have requested me to give authority to TC to release my information back to CASA. This is usually done by filing a form etc... however I cant seem to find any forms/info on anything remotely similar in TC's eyes?

Has anyone had any experience with this? Know of any forms I can fill out?

Im currently based in New Zealand and have tried calling however have had no luck.
Also emailed a few times over a month ago and never got a response so im stuck in the mud here.
Maybe smoke signals could work to get in contact...

Cheers in advance!
Kiwi
---------- ADS -----------

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Authority to Release Information - Converting a license from TC to Foreign

Post by Scuderia »

For converting TCCA to FAA, FAA provides a form. Maybe CASA has something similar.

Are you having trouble contacting CASA or TC?

I've PM'd you contact information of someone at the Flight Crew Licensing Division of TC. You want them to know that if CASA makes a request for your information, you authorize its release.

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: Authority to Release Information - Converting a license from TC to Foreign

Post by rigpiggy »

I had to do the same for the DGCA(indian) and FAA. It happens that some pilots are less than truthful

Return to “General Comments”