ADS-B

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: ADS-B

Post by AirFrame »

This sounds a lot like "hey, we're jut going to keep moving on this the way we planned... Y'all just catch up once you decide on some regulations."
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: ADS-B

Post by ahramin »

Exactly. It's as if NavCanada suddenly decided that the minimum visibility for VFR in Class C is 5 NM, and Transport Canada decided that as the regulator, their own regulations don't apply because NavCanada provides the service in that airspace.

In the meantime, NavCanada wants everyone in Class A and B airspace to equip with ADS-B but aren't themselves equipped yet. I heard a clueless N aircraft on center the other day asking the controller if his ADS-B was working and the reply was "I don't think we can see that". Meanwhile my little single engine homebuilt can see all their ADS-B data so we passed it on.

"Climb via SID" anyone? Shouldn't NavCanada have a good look through their upper management and find all these people who have no clue how to do their jobs instead of letting them run amok and then rolling back their own edicts?
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”