Closing Canadian Airspace to China

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Closing Canadian Airspace to China

Post by altiplano »

If so do you think the people will just give it all up? Their new success? China is hyper nationalist, they think they're the best because that's what the CCP feeds them - they are told that the world is theirs by divine right

Largest standing army in the world, a military that has grown significantly technologically, claims airspace, atolls, shipping routes with impunity, plays chicken with US warships and aircraft...

not to mention the propaganda and influence push mobilized across the West... from university funding, Chinese students exerting influence on foreign campuses, Confucious Institute programs, political donations, political plants.

then you have the espionage, the amount of technology and intellectual property theft is staggering, and we're still talking about allowing Huawei to run our 5G infrastructure? talk about a Trojan horse...

Of course the Chinese already have the concentration and reeducation camp format down... they're getting lots of practice with the Ughyurs...

I wonder how the detained and tortured Canadian "Michaels" will come out the other end of their ordeal? If they don't arbitrarily impose a death sentence like they recently did on at least 2 other Canadians on trumped up charges...

Yup, no threat there...
---------- ADS -----------

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

altiplano wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:45 am If so do you think the people will just give it all up? Their new success? China is hyper nationalist, they think they're the best because that's what the CCP feeds them - they are told that the world is theirs by divine right

Largest standing army in the world, a military that has grown significantly technologically, claims airspace, atolls, shipping routes with impunity, plays chicken with US warships and aircraft...

not to mention the propaganda and influence push mobilized across the West... from university funding, Chinese students exerting influence on foreign campuses, Confucious Institute programs, political donations, political plants.

then you have the espionage, the amount of technology and intellectual property theft is staggering, and we're still talking about allowing Huawei to run our 5G infrastructure? talk about a Trojan horse...

Of course the Chinese already have the concentration and reeducation camp format down... they're getting lots of practice with the Ughyurs...

I wonder how the detained and tortured Canadian "Michaels" will come out the other end of their ordeal? If they don't arbitrarily impose a death sentence like they recently did on at least 2 other Canadians on trumped up charges...

Yup, no threat there...
Yep.

As long as the mindless consumer gets their cheap TV's......we re elected a man who openly admires China and mocks our lifelong best friends.

I don't get canadian voters.....

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

As long as the mindless consumer gets their cheap TV's......we re elected a man who openly admires China and mocks our lifelong best friends.

That's what I mean, Canadians have "lost the ball"... and crashed short of the deck...

We aren't tracking what's really important in this world and have become complacent on the real work we have to do - and keep doing- to keep it this good...

I'm staggered that we openly work against our own interests.

Canadian economy down 70,000 jobs last month while the US jobs report surges up...

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

altiplano wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am As long as the mindless consumer gets their cheap TV's......we re elected a man who openly admires China and mocks our lifelong best friends.

That's what I mean, Canadians have "lost the ball"... and crashed short of the deck...

We aren't tracking what's really important in this world and have become complacent on the real work we have to do - and keep doing- to keep it this good...

Canadian economy down 70,000 jobs last month while the US jobs report surges up...
Interesting how the Jobs data changes -- following an election.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:40 am
altiplano wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am As long as the mindless consumer gets their cheap TV's......we re elected a man who openly admires China and mocks our lifelong best friends.

Interesting how the Jobs data changes -- following an election.
It’s interesting that you correlate it that way.

Let’s take Husky Energy, for example. They cut a ton of jobs in Alberta. The narrative there is that it’s Trudeau’s energy unfriendly policies that have caused it.

Truth is, Husky has been getting out of downstream energy for years. They sold the refinery in my town months before the election, but an Albertan company nicely bought it up and everyone kept their jobs.

Now, why would you be focusing on upstream energy if you had a federal government who was against pipelines? Downstream makes more sense. You have a glut of low priced crude that can’t leave the country, and you can make a killing off selling a higher priced refined product.

Of course, the current federal government bought the pipeline—a far better investment than the previous one’s bailout of Ontario focused General Motors (and whos PM and current Premier of Alberta came up with the current equalization formula ;) ). And sure enough, construction has started on the pipeline. Only a few obstacles remain from our non-partisan Supreme Court (which is one of the reasons why Canada is a full democracy while the US is a flawed democracy).

And that’s good for investors. Instead of having a huge number of permanent employees and billions worth of infrastructure making a value added product in Canada, they can shed those liabilities and dig oil out of the ground at cheap prices (Canada taxes oil companies at a lower rate than Nigeria does) with workers and contractors it can employ and terminate at will, and sell cheap raw product on the world markets leaving nothing of a positive permanent legacy behind.

I’d also be wary of thinking that low unemployment is a good thing. Low unemployment means increased job vacancies. Increased job vacancies means you are unable to meet production quotas or contract requirements or quality control or growth. Those affect investors and share values and can devalue the company and rob it of cash flow. With how over leveraged most US companies are anymore.. with unreported debt often greatly exceeding assets... it won’t take much for the house of cards to come tumbling down. Yet another overheated, debt-inducing, supply-side economy collapsing into recession.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

altiplano wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am elected a man who openly admires China and mocks our lifelong best friends.
Who are you talking about here, while everyone likes to slam Trudeau for this, it equally describes Trump. The way I see it, everyone did their level best to work with Trump from the start, getting to the point of awkward fawning and ass-kissrery, and it just turns out that western powers didn’t do it as well as the Saudis, Chinese and North Koreans.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Squaretail wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:44 pm
altiplano wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am elected a man who openly admires China and mocks our lifelong best friends.
Who are you talking about here, while everyone likes to slam Trudeau for this, it equally describes Trump. The way I see it, everyone did their level best to work with Trump from the start, getting to the point of awkward fawning and ass-kissrery, and it just turns out that western powers didn’t do it as well as the Saudis, Chinese and North Koreans.
I never wrote that.

Please edit your post to reflect it accurately.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

altiplano wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:15 pm
I never wrote that.

Does it matter? You agreed with it, so I assume its your sentiment as well.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

When this thread was initially posted, I thought it won’t get past the first page until JT’s name gets mentioned by some of the sites most illustrious “common-taters”. AvCanada never disappoints 😉😉.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

Finally, some common sense. Thank you.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Squaretail wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:22 am
altiplano wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:15 pm

I never wrote that.

Does it matter? You agreed with it, so I assume its your sentiment as well.
I didn't write it, and I appreciate accuracy.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

But you did. It’s not attributed to anyone else.

Return to “General Comments”