Crooked FAA Inspector Jailed for Six Years

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

golden hawk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Crooked FAA Inspector Jailed for Six Years

Post by golden hawk »

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/cro ... six-years/

Crooked FAA Inspector Jailed Six Years

Russ Niles
December 8, 2019

A former FAA inspector who claims he was “promoting aviation” has been sentenced to six years in jail for a string of corruption and theft charges that even involved his mother. The Miami Herald is reporting that Manuel Fernandez, a senior FAA safety inspector in South Florida, stole expensive repair manuals and resold them, took bribes from some of the companies he audited and arranged to have his mother hired by one of the companies so the bribes could be passed through her. He also moonlighted for AVCOM Avionics and let them know when the FAA was planning to do spot inspections of its facilities. The company owners Rolando and Patricia Suarez earlier pleaded guilty to several charges and Rolando spent two years in jail. The company is still in business under new management.

At his sentencing hearing Fernandez said his actions were a net gain for the industry. “I was promoting aviation,” he told U.S. District Court Judge Marcia Cooke. His lawyer Ron Gainor was even more effusive. “This man furthered aviation safety, and he did it with a passion,” he said. Cooke wasn’t buying it. “He wanted to play both ends against the middle,” Cooke said, “and that’s wrong.”
---------- ADS -----------

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Crooked FAA Inspector Jailed for Six Years

Post by Dry Guy »

They're all crooked because they are time thieves. Try and get them on the phone or go to the office. You'll have better luck finding them at the nearest Tim Horton's or, if it's after 4 pm, at home.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

Dry Guy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:25 pm They're all crooked because they are time thieves. Try and get them on the phone or go to the office. You'll have better luck finding them at the nearest Tim Horton's or, if it's after 4 pm, at home.
Send in your CV. Sounds like you're perfect for the job.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Those FAA guys sound like morons. Tim Hortons doughnuts are garbage, I have not had a good one since the turn of the century.

I recommend they go to Texas, I had some fantastic doughnuts there.

Return to “General Comments”