myIDTravel - General Availability Error with Air Canada, 3 weeks and counting

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

arbell
Rank 0
Rank 0

myIDTravel - General Availability Error with Air Canada, 3 weeks and counting

Post by arbell »

It seems this comes up a lot, and I have also seen it several times however it usually resolves itself after a few days. It hasn't been working for at least 3 weeks (other airlines working normally).

I am getting the "General Availability Error" when searching for flights with Air Canada. In addition, an error occurs when trying to view the ID agreement.

I have emailed myIDtravel, as well as my own airline travel department with no success. Air Canada doesn't seem to have a contact email etc. so looking for an idea of where to go from here.

Has anyone successfully listed with AC in the last few days?

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: myIDTravel - General Availability Error with Air Canada, 3 weeks and counting

Post by iflyforpie »

arbell wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:27 pm It seems this comes up a lot, and I have also seen it several times however it usually resolves itself after a few days. It hasn't been working for at least 3 weeks (other airlines working normally).

I am getting the "General Availability Error" when searching for flights with Air Canada. In addition, an error occurs when trying to view the ID agreement.

I have emailed myIDtravel, as well as my own airline travel department with no success. Air Canada doesn't seem to have a contact email etc. so looking for an idea of where to go from here.

Has anyone successfully listed with AC in the last few days?

Thanks.
Is this on the search page? I haven’t noticed anything like that. I haven’t actually booked anything on Air Canada in a while, though.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: myIDTravel - General Availability Error with Air Canada, 3 weeks and counting

Post by CpnCrunch »

Air Canada changed their booking system 3 weeks ago, and it has been a complete shitshow. Not sure if it's resolved yet, but for a few weeks there it wasn't even possible to speak to anyone at air canada or aeroplan. As soon as you get through to the call centre it just gives a pre-recorded message from the director of call centres telling you to call back later because too many people are calling!

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Call the 1-800-413-1118 and hope to connect to a human. They’ll be able to list you. They might not be able to list you if you’re within 1 hr of departure on the new reservation system. Old system you you could list anytime even past check in which was nice.

I remember this summer sometimes it would take like a dozen try and you’d get the availability error and then magically it would work.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Actually just tried it and was able to list.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
arbell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by arbell »

Thanks for all your suggestions. Still broken for me so will try the old fashioned method, cheers.

Return to “General Comments”