Tailwheel Instruction near Toronto

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Fly991
Rank 0
Rank 0

Tailwheel Instruction near Toronto

Post by Fly991 »

Hello

Does anyone know of places to get tailwheel instruction other than Brampton and Rockliffe. I’m not looking to do the entire course, just to log a few dual hours for the experience.The other forums regarding tailwheel instruction seem to be outdated as many of the places mentioned don’t offer tailwheel instruction anymore

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Tailwheel Instruction near Toronto

Post by goleafsgo »

Fly991 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:19 am Hello

Does anyone know of places to get tailwheel instruction other than Brampton and Rockliffe. I’m not looking to do the entire course, just to log a few dual hours for the experience.The other forums regarding tailwheel instruction seem to be outdated as many of the places mentioned don’t offer tailwheel instruction anymore

Thanks
Spectrum airways in Burlington used to, not sure if they do anymore

Lotro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lotro »

The most fun I had flying was in a taildragger at a local flying club (that no longer exists).

Next time you see someone flying one, go chat them up and ask for a ride. Or join (or e-mail) a local COPA/EAA chapter and see if anyone there drags tail. I think there's a flying club at the Woodstock airport with a J3. Plenty of guys drag tail at Guelph and Brantford. Shouldn't be hard too hard to get a ride.

OldTracker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by OldTracker »

DH82EH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by DH82EH »

A great place to get some tailwheel experience is the Edenvale Classic aircraft foundation.
They do training on a Fleet Canuck and have several other interesting tailwheel aircraft.
If you are prepared to invest a bit of time you can end up flying in their Cornell, Auster or Tiger Moth.

https://www.classicaircraft.ca/141-2/

Return to “General Comments”