Is Air North reliable?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Joe Blow Schmo
Rank 5
Rank 5

Is Air North reliable?

Post by Joe Blow Schmo »

I'm looking at booking tickets on Air North on one of their southern routes. Are they reliable? Do they cancel or delay often? Their flight is only a couple of times a week so if they cancel or delay it's going to cost a lot for a last minute ticket on somebody else.
---------- ADS -----------

porcsord
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Is Air North reliable?

Post by porcsord »

Yes.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

I’ve worked for Air North and also have relied on Air North as a passenger/ northerner.

I’ve seen AC cancel far more often than 4N.

You cannot go wrong with choosing them as your airline into/ out of Whitehorse.

Enjoy the meal, warm cookie and excellent customer service. Also, enjoy Whitehorse!

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

Not uncommon for the southern legs to be delayed a bit, rarely more than an hour. Extremely reliable, 2 free checked bags and a free meal. If you're connecting farther with Air Canada, the baggage allowance carries forward for same day domestic travel.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

If you want to be sure you are going to get somewhere look elsewhere. If you want decent in flight service (but no entertainment service of any kind) and don't mind being stranded somewhere for no reason and no backup aircraft available to pick up the slack go for it.

747-875
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 747-875 »

Yes Air North is reliable.

Often there are delays, but rarely more than an hour, and on flights with a beverage service alcoholic options are $5/each but the first round is often free if the flight is more than half hour late.

Operating older aircraft in a tough climate things do occasionally go mechanical, but this is known to be a fact of life and so most days there is enough slack in the schedule that another aircraft can be dispatched within a few hours to pick up where the broken one left off.

Air North is somewhat limited network and has no IFE, so to get customers in the door they have made great customer service their claim to fame, and leaving people stranded is certainly not good customer service, so they do go out of their way to avoid that.

In and out of Whitehorse at least Air Canada / Air Canada Jazz actually cancel far more often than does Air North.

Return to “General Comments”