Air Canada 777 Seating Plan

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JamesMTL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Air Canada 777 Seating Plan

Post by JamesMTL »

Hello to all. First time poster. I have just booked an AC flight to Rome. Equipment is a 777-300ER. I always book my seats now and when the aircraft seat plan is displayed I also look it up on Seat Guru. I am looking at rows 20-25 and I am concerned as info on the Air Canada site contradicts Seat Guru. Seat Guru states clearly that rows 20 and 25 do not have windows. However, on the Air Canada site, it actually states Row 22 is windowless and row 20 does have a window. Which is correct as I am paying for a window on an 8 hr + flight and I want to make sure I have one. Can anybody clarify for me and clarify which of the rows in this area do not actually have windows. TIA
---------- ADS -----------

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Air Canada 777 Seating Plan

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

Which 777-300 are you on? AC operates two variants. One with standard seating configuration and one with high-density seating. It will be difficult to determine which you are on beforehand without knowing the specific FIN that will be used on your flight.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

You can get the Fin # on the Air Canada app under Flight Status.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
JamesMTL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JamesMTL »

The flight is too far out for the AC app. I did just go on the AC Website and compared it to Seat Guru. It is the layout with 398 Standard Economy seats. The version it is not has 336 Standard Economy seats. So, it is the high density layout. I hope this helps.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

336 is a 77L.

The 77W has 2 layouts. There is a spot you click on the top of the seatguru page to switch layouts.

"Note: There are 2 versions of this aircraft."

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_C ... ass_v3.php

JamesMTL
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JamesMTL »

Altiplano. When I am on the Air Canada site, their layout for that flight is the one on Seat Guru called layout number 2 with 398 Economy seats. The problem is SeatGuru shows row 20 as having no windows yet Air Canada seat chart says this row does have a window and even goes as far as otehr rows as being WINDOWLESS. So, which is it?

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

should just merge this with the greyhound thread.

Regardless of what you pick, they have the right to change it at any time. Best is to go with the AC layout and confirm at check in what aircraft it is.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

JamesMTL wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:24 am Altiplano. When I am on the Air Canada site, their layout for that flight is the one on Seat Guru called layout number 2 with 398 Economy seats. The problem is SeatGuru shows row 20 as having no windows yet Air Canada seat chart says this row does have a window and even goes as far as otehr rows as being WINDOWLESS. So, which is it?
I would probably go with the AC site then. I don't know off hand. Good luck.

Return to “General Comments”