Corona Virus

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Corona Virus

Post by goldeneagle »

2R wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm I wonder if that malaria drug that is being used to treat some patients would have a prophylactic benefit for flight crews ? Especially medical crews ?
Some anti - malarial meds have some real serious side effects . Those are generic drugs so it should be a cheap fix , not 100 percent so far .
I am on a mailing list that includes a bunch of docs. They have reports of folks self medicating with the 'malaria drug' as you call it in China, and those folks are now dead. The issue is, there is only a very small margin of error between and effective dose, and a fatal dose, on the order of 1/2 gram a day. the trials in the hospital were administering 1/2 gram twice a day. The folks that died took 1.8 gram, dont know how it was dosed. And yes, they talked about a long list of side effects, the more serious involved vision.
---------- ADS -----------

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

Advertisement for Atabrine, an anti-malaria drug, 1941.jpg
Advertisement for Atabrine, an anti-malaria drug, 1941.jpg (116.66 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
I think I'll pass on the anti-malarial medications. Probably best to wait for something that'll actually work, and not cause all number of side effects. I know there was talk of using antiretroviral medications in response to COVID-19 - but I believe they were found ineffective as well.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

How the Coronavirus Could Take Over Your Body (Before You Ever Feel It)

This description of the disease is intense. Do not read if you are already super worried and stressed out about it:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03 ... =114030106

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Even as a young person, even I don’t die, I somewhat worry about lasting lung damage from this virus.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:02 am Even as a young person, even I don’t die, I somewhat worry about lasting lung damage from this virus.
Sorry mate, general air pollution and breathing in exhaust from aircraft are going to do much worse to you.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

goldeneagle wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:02 pm
2R wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:29 pm I wonder if that malaria drug that is being used to treat some patients would have a prophylactic benefit for flight crews ? Especially medical crews ?
Some anti - malarial meds have some real serious side effects . Those are generic drugs so it should be a cheap fix , not 100 percent so far .
I am on a mailing list that includes a bunch of docs. They have reports of folks self medicating with the 'malaria drug' as you call it in China, and those folks are now dead. The issue is, there is only a very small margin of error between and effective dose, and a fatal dose, on the order of 1/2 gram a day. the trials in the hospital were administering 1/2 gram twice a day. The folks that died took 1.8 gram, dont know how it was dosed. And yes, they talked about a long list of side effects, the more serious involved vision.
Personally I will rely on our scientific research and evidence bases community to come up with the necessary solutions and I am of the view they will in short order. What’s troubling to me is to hear of these quackery concoctions pushed by the purveyors of Quack Alternative Medicine aka naturopathic and homeopathic types, even Chiropractors are getting in on it saying spine adjustments will help with COVID-19. Regulatory Agencies need to crack down on this shit, hopefully they will.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

13 pages. Anything exciting?

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Several different media reports , that 21 million cell phones and 900,000 land lines have gone silent around the patient zero neighborhood. Happenstance ,coincidence or the reason why borders are being militarized ?

I am a mushroom ,kept in the dark and fed manure :mrgreen:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/love-sex/pl ... n-21758977

She told me she would only date men with a red sports car, a nice house and ten inches . I told her that we could paint the Bentley any colour she liked , the house was painted last year ,and the doctor said he could cut it down to any length she liked :mrgreen:

Last edited by 2R on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

2R wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm Several different media reports , that 21 million cell phones and 900,000 land lines have gone silent around the patient zero neighborhood. Happenstance ,coincidence or the reason why borders are being militarized ?

I am a mushroom ,kept in the dark and fed manure :mrgreen:
Based on all those phone lines going down, someone speculated hundreds of thousands of deaths, which sounds crazy but given the Chinese and their Muslim concentration (erm, sorry, “re-education” camps), I would not put it past them.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Telus cell phones couldn't access 911 this week...

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

A successful conspiracy, is one in which a limited number of individuals "know" the ins and outs of what has, or will be occurring. Each time people are "read in" to the conspiracy, it increases the odds of leaks.

To say that the Chinese could have, or are, hiding hundreds of thousands of fatalities; in this day and age of instant communication, satellite technology, etc., is difficult to believe. I mean, sure, it could be plausible - but for how long could you maintain the conspiracy? It only took two days for observers to detect the release of radiation from the Chernobyl disaster, and that was in 1986. Satellite images of the "re-education" camps are widely available now, and yet the Party line is still maintained... Again, it could be plausible, but how do you hide it? A country with a population of a billion or so people can certainly shuffle the deck and make things work, but a fatality rate like that would be impossible to hide.

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Looks pretty normal over in Wuhan.

I'd buy a C-172 for a physical asset but they still seem to cost $80,000+

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

We are the nIght shift shite shifters, we shift shite by night .

Hard to see truck convoys at night on google sat maps.

Blowin' In The Wind
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blowin' In The Wind »

2R wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:51 pm Several different media reports , that 21 million cell phones and 900,000 land lines have gone silent around the patient zero neighborhood. Happenstance ,coincidence or the reason why borders are being militarized ?

I have a bridge to sell you...

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

I have 2 cases of toilet paper and a case of Purell hand sanitizer that I’m willing to trade for a 2017 or newer Tesla.
Private message me. Won’t last.

hawker driver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by hawker driver »

av8ts wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 am I have 2 cases of toilet paper and a case of Purell hand sanitizer that I’m willing to trade for a 2017 or newer Tesla.
Private message me. Won’t last.
3 ply or 2 ply toilet paper 🧻?
Is it coloured or white?
Name brand or dollar store?
Squares per roll?

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

The cabin fever is obviously getting to some of you. Go for a long walk on a quiet trail in the country. Take a few deep breaths and try to rediscover your humanity.

Return to “General Comments”