Corona Virus

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Corona Virus

Post by ReserveTank »

Save your infighting for the upcoming food shortages.
---------- ADS -----------

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:46 pm Save your infighting for the upcoming food shortages.
Haha. I'm good on the food supply.
I watched my first Rebel news youtube video ever; so I must also a doomsday prepper !

The point I picked up from that video, politics aside; was what steps might actually help the entire country.
I think people who are too beholden to their views are blinded and probably missed the potentially economy and life saving information on the video.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

ReserveTank wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:46 pm Save your infighting for the upcoming food shortages.
There is talk about that now. Nor sure how serious it could be and what areas it could affect but it is one more thing to consider when it comes to my....solution.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

News out of China is saying 10% of those recovered are now testing positive,,,,,,,not a good disease for trialling herd immunity !

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 pm
There is talk about that now. Nor sure how serious it could be and what areas it could affect but it is one more thing to consider when it comes to my....solution.

Words cannot express how relieved I am that you have absolutely nothing to do with any official response to this crisis.

“My....solution”.

You really, really, really do believe your own Bullshit.

:lol:

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:46 pm
pelmet wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Words cannot express how relieved I am that you have absolutely nothing to do with any official response to this crisis.

“My....solution”.

You really, really, really do believe your own Bullshit.

:lol:
Who knows...it may have been forwarded to places of influence. We will see what the government recommends in the future for healthy younger people. :partyman: :smt056 :smt057 :smt058

With separate clause for me and Rockie based on history...
:ANAL: :axe:

dialdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by dialdriver »

[/quote]

Who knows...it may have been forwarded to places of influence.
[/quote]

Wow...

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Some years ago there was a guy, really good stick, could fly circles around most folks here. His communication methods may have been a bit rough around the edges but he really knew the airplanes inside and out. He got banned for life for being rough around the edges in communication styles.

The pelmet crap seems to have overrun the site, made it mostly useless. Why is this still allowed to continue. In the 20 years I have participated here, signal to noise ratio has always been poor, but now it's gone pretty much to zero. When are the mods going to send pelmet off to the same place that fella selling crappy chicken went...

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:35 pm Some years ago there was a guy, really good stick, could fly circles around most folks here. His communication methods may have been a bit rough around the edges but he really knew the airplanes inside and out. He got banned for life for being rough around the edges in communication styles.

The pelmet crap seems to have overrun the site, made it mostly useless. Why is this still allowed to continue. In the 20 years I have participated here, signal to noise ratio has always been poor, but now it's gone pretty much to zero. When are the mods going to send pelmet off to the same place that fella selling crappy chicken went...
What do you think guys. Should I be banned for bringing up the conversation that I did along with the the other subjects I have commented on. Take a look at my posts and decide.

Looks like no one supports you Golden eagle. Sorry bud...time for you to leave as you insult a variety of people and pilots here. And you were supposedly a chief pilot. We hear about those types.

Last edited by pelmet on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

This dude should be giving PM Zoolanders daily briefings.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1247538479166152707

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Some good news from the Land of Oz .
Ivermectin trade name Stromrctol had been working in petris dishes to effectively kill the virus .
The drug is already approved for Scabies and parasites with few known side effects .
Might be safer than the hydroxychloroquine and cheaper

Help is coming :)

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

digits_ wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:54 pm The worse part is that Facebook and Youtube try to show you articles and videos that match with your interests. It makes things worse. They'll hardly ever voluntarily show you something you don't agree with.
It's a phenomena called the internet echo chamber. Those algorithms that analyze your viewing preferences and suggest things that you may be interested in watching/viewing, have the effect of insulating people from opinions that are opposed to their own. You end up in a feedback loop of sorts, this is my opinion; and these people also have the same/similar opinions to my own - and all I see are people with my opinion; thus my opinion is correct and irrefutable! Everyone else out there is clearly an idiot, if they do not hold the same opinions/views that I do...

As to 2R, interesting about Ivermectin. Have to see how that pans out in testing/studies. Certainly better than using anti-malarial drugs that require extremely precise dosing as many people (some deceased, many others in ICU) have found out the hard way. Apparently the US is now threatening India over the supply of generic anti-malarials... Incredible.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

2R wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:52 pm Some good news from the Land of Oz .
Ivermectin trade name Stromrctol had been working in petris dishes to effectively kill the virus .
The drug is already approved for Scabies and parasites with few known side effects .
Might be safer than the hydroxychloroquine and cheaper

Help is coming :)
Any proof?

Avgas would probably kill it in a petri dish too.

Why hasn't anyone used dewormer on a coronavirus before?

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

goldeneagle wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:35 pm Some years ago there was a guy, really good stick, could fly circles around most folks here. His communication methods may have been a bit rough around the edges but he really knew the airplanes inside and out. He got banned for life for being rough around the edges in communication styles.

Last edited by rookiepilot on Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
valleyboy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by valleyboy »

does anyone else feel like me about the absurdity dift on this thread.

Black air has no lift - extra fuel has no weight
http://www.blackair.ca
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

altiplano wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:05 pm
shimmydampner wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:52 pm Any time now, mods....
There is no violation and people can have ideas different than yours, right or wrong it's not a crime. You should just deal with it instead of calling for their censure.
Oh relax. Years ago they got rid of the miscellaneous forum and it was decided that discussions should be aviation related. That's my issue. This has nothing to do with aviation. Don't get me wrong, this is wildly entertaining.
But seriously mods, just re-open the miscellaneous forum if you're going to allow this freak show.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

shimmydampner wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:18 pm
There is no violation and people can have ideas different than yours, right or wrong it's not a crime. You should just deal with it instead of calling for their censure.
Oh relax. Years ago they got rid of the miscellaneous forum and it was decided that discussions should be aviation related. That's my issue. This has nothing to do with aviation. Don't get me wrong, this is wildly entertaining.
But seriously mods, just re-open the miscellaneous forum if you're going to allow this freak show.
Thread drift aside, how does the coronavirus have nothing to do with Aviation? It has decimated the worlds airlines and continues to wreak havoc.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Really glad I don’t live in the US although we sadly won’t totally escape the damage from that unmitigated disaster. Survival of their own citizens isn’t even enough for them to put an end to that criminal train wreck.

But by all means keep talking about changing guidance on face masks.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

shimmydampner wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:18 pm
I'm relaxed.

I feel as though you're getting a little uptight though... who cares.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

We are doomed. The virus will not kill that many people in the grand scheme of things. The coming economic collapse however, is likely to put Western Civilization into the same position the Soviets found themselves in post collapse. The US debt, combined with the economic shutdown and low oil prices could very well bring about the end of the US dollar as the world reserve currency (A key Chinese goal). Once the world decides they no longer need US dollars, the US really has nothing left to sell (No manufacturing, software development is mostly Asian now). Once that happens, all they will have is a large military.....and a massive chip on their shoulder while dealing with an ascendant China. This two months of self-isolation might be good practice for dealing with the fallout from that confrontation.

Return to “General Comments”