Imagine a Greyhound bus in 1999. Now imagine it is in the air

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Imagine a Greyhound bus in 1999. Now imagine it is in the air

Post by Squaretail »

https://marker.medium.com/if-everyone-h ... 7d13472352

I found this article a bit interesting and the graphics amusing.
---------- ADS -----------

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Canoehead
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Imagine a Greyhound bus in 1999. Now imagine it is in the air

Post by Canoehead »

Squaretail wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:57 am https://marker.medium.com/if-everyone-h ... 7d13472352

I found this article a bit interesting and the graphics amusing.
If they only knew...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyhound_Air

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

It's a description of the same phenomenon that has me amused whenever I see comments following any online article about the 737 MAX: "I'll never set foot in one", "Flying coffin", etc...

Yeah yeah right shaddup...if it's 5 bucks cheaper than whatever else you see on your shitty booking site for the Cancun all-inclusive you'll whip the credit card out so fast it'll give ya whiplash and don't even waste my time trying to say you'll try and figure out what type of aircraft it is...

Talk is cheap but the general flying public is so, so much cheaper...as long as I look cool in my Insta-selfie in Economy...

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

complexintentions wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:17 pm It's a description of the same phenomenon that has me amused whenever I see comments following any online article about the 737 MAX: "I'll never set foot in one", "Flying coffin", etc...

Yeah yeah right shaddup...if it's 5 bucks cheaper than whatever else you see on your shitty booking site for the Cancun all-inclusive you'll whip the credit card out so fast it'll give ya whiplash and don't even waste my time trying to say you'll try and figure out what type of aircraft it is...

Talk is cheap but the general flying public is so, so much cheaper...as long as I look cool in my Insta-selfie in Economy...
You nailed it. People want to pay(even demand) same fare YHZ-YYZ as they would on that GO Train from LBPIA to Union Station. Some probably don’t know the difference in the mode of transportation they are on :rolleyes:

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

“Michael O’Leary” wrote:Germans will crawl bollock-naked over broken glass to get low fares.
https://youtu.be/qben5MLmtXo
Sure we’re concerned for our lives... just not as concerned as saving $9 on a round trip to Fort Myers

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I recently took a chance on Spirit and flew DTW - JAX. Somehow I managed to get the entire row to myself in both directions on full planes. $110 roundtrip. Can't really beat that. I have to say I have no complaints as I knew what to expect going in. It was actually much more pleasant than I anticipated. They are upfront about the extra fees for baggage and carryon. It was a quick overnight trip for me, so I managed with a "personal item". I can fit a change of clothes and toiletries into my leather laptop bag. It happens to be the exact dimensions of their limit.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I'm not saying Spirit or any other ULCC/Lcc Is great, in fact I've never flown on them or any other. However, it seems a lot of people's complaints (other than when you see whole plane loss stranded etc) boil down to "I didn't read the fine print and figured it was the same product as Delta"

Aussiecat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aussiecat »

I don't have to imagine Greyhound in 1999, Been there. I especially liked the state troopers taking the guys that were having a drunk fight up and down the aisles in the early hours of the morning

Return to “General Comments”