TC medical fee

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: TC medical fee

Post by Beefitarian »

Worse? Like they have the doctors grab your nipple and tell you to whistle?
---------- ADS -----------

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by leftoftrack »

Ive seen that Dr too

Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

For anyone wondering about the time it's taking for medicals to get processed, they are incredibly behind on processing them. I did my medical in September, and only had the invoice emailed to me, and my account updated in mid-February. So 5 months in my case. I called the TC Aviation Medicine people and they apologized for the delay. Apparently it's country-wide.

MOAB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MOAB »

I spoke with TC asking about my bill.

Medical was last July, last week I called TC and they said they were only working on Jan 2019 at the time...

prop2jet
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by prop2jet »

Once upon a time there was no fee sent out on completion of a medical. When the fee was introduced, the explanation given was cost recovery for the AIP amendments that were mailed out along with various other materials. Eventually the AIP was phased out and a bound printed copy of the AIM was introduced for purchase. They will probably tell you this is now cost recovery for processing the medical as the fee is tied to the medical. Do two medicals a year and you get dinged 110.

As to the delay in processing medicals, I heard there was a senior management change at TC Medical that had a huge impact on licencing review. I hear they are now fully staffed and the backlog is being dealt with.

Return to “General Comments”