CATSA Aircrew Protocol

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: CATSA Aircrew Protocol

Post by Jumbo744 »

Rooster69 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:50 am
digits_ wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:33 am I'm curious, what is so bad about the body scanner?
The people that sell the scanners, the authorities that want you to pass through the scanners and the people who work right next to the scanners all say that they are safe. Do you trust them? Screw that.

I always asked for the pat down. Privacy. And my witness, not their witness.
100%. I always ask for the pat down instead just because it annoys them. They make you feel like you give them extra work. Last time in YUL the guy tells me "you know...it's not a microwave"....i just said "call your supervisor I'm not going anywhere until I talk to him I want to file a complaint". The little guy was shocked. I explained to the supervisor that it is my right to refuse the pat down and none of his agents are allowed to comment on my decision.

They apologized and I moved on.

Always file a complaint, don't give them 1 more inch of "authority" these clowns have.
---------- ADS -----------

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

YUL is one of my least favorite places to go through as crew. Halifax, Ottawa and Calgary are also on that list with Heathrow a recent addition.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

Sounds like the flight crews have it rougher than the pax. Pre 9/11 was so much nicer, walk thru ops, right out to the ramp and the airplane.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

derateNO wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:27 am YUL is one of my least favorite places to go through as crew. Halifax, Ottawa and Calgary are also on that list with Heathrow a recent addition.
Mine are any of the prairie airports. I have to say YUL always seemed pretty good to me

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I've found in general that the smaller the airport in Canada the worse they are for security. Some exceptions of course.

derateNO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by derateNO »

Funny enough most of the easiest places to deal with I thought were small towns. Most of them don't even have crew security. Kamloops, Terrace, Ft St John...

Return to “General Comments”