USA jobs for Canadians

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

sullecpt
Rank 1
Rank 1

USA jobs for Canadians

Post by sullecpt »

Does anyone have any leads on flying gigs in the US that will sponsor a working visa/greencard?

I saw a few years back the discussion on here about air wisconsin and H1B visas. I emailed them and got a response but nothing came out of it. I'd love to move to the US, and I've been trying to figure out a way for years but it seems nearly impossible. Pro's and cons about pay, working conditions and politics aside, does anyone know someone who pulled it off without US citizenship?
---------- ADS -----------

Raincoast
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: USA jobs for Canadians

Post by Raincoast »

Marry an American citizen?

Here's two eligble ones, and I'm sure that they're single:

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by igorcanuck »

I know a guy who was flying in Canada and was hired by Cape Air in the US. After one year he said he would be able to get a green card.
The whole process was done through an immigration lawyer, who charged him 20k us.

s-david
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by s-david »

Air Wisconsin, Sky West and Mesa were ones that sponsored work visas. In the case of Sky West and Mesa I believe the visas were the E-3 for Australian Citizens (all this is from when I was last in the US. Thing may have changed).

I was sponsored by Air Wisconsin for the H-1B back in 2018- I only received word a few weeks ago that my petition had been approved. Almost 2 years of waiting to hear back (their HR department said it 2018 was a bad year for the H-1Bs).

Air Wisconsin was not doing any of the sponsorship when you reached out to them?

Return to “General Comments”