Susi Air

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyindutchman1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Susi Air

Post by flyindutchman1996 »

Hey everyone!
Does anyone have any info on Susi Air? I’ll be finished my flight training soon and it would be a dream to work for them. Specifically asking people who have worked for them or know of people who have. Do they hire a lot of Canadians? And what are the prospects for jobs if you decide to come back to Canada after some time there. I’ve heard it can be difficult if you’ve worked in another country. Any info you guys have would be great!
Thanks a lot!
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Susi Air

Post by digits_ »

Have you watched the youtube series about them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDKAx_kRak

You can find more episodes on there. Today, if a Susi Air pilot came back to Canada, (s)he would have no problem finding a 703/704 job. You'd even make more money than at Susi. Even 705 regionals should be interested in you.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

digits_ wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 am You'd even make more money than at Susi.
Depends where you work there and here. There have been plenty of captains making 10-15k USD per month at Susi (and some other operators) from what I have been told. That said, last I heard Susi Air was trying to reduce costs. No idea if that affects pay or not.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

TailwheelPilot wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:09 pm
digits_ wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:57 am You'd even make more money than at Susi.
Depends where you work there and here. There have been plenty of captains making 10-15k USD per month at Susi (and some other operators) from what I have been told. That said, last I heard Susi Air was trying to reduce costs. No idea if that affects pay or not.
WTF. Where are you getting your information. No one is making that kind of coin in Indonesia, not even close. The numbers quoted above must be local currency and not USD.

doplemosh
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by doplemosh »

piperdriver wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:10 pm
WTF. Where are you getting your information. No one is making that kind of coin in Indonesia, not even close. The numbers quoted above must be local currency and not USD.
Fun fact, 15'000 Indonesian Rupiah gets you about 2 bottles of coke from a 7-11 there.

But yes, those numbers seem wrong in either currency.

Turboprops
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Turboprops »

One of my coworkers had an offer from Susi air for caravan FO, pay was like 800 USD/month, a bunch of expenses covered but still, less than 800/month, that was last year.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

They mention the salaries in the series somewhere. It wasn't much.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

piperdriver wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:10 pm WTF. Where are you getting your information. No one is making that kind of coin in Indonesia, not even close. The numbers quoted above must be local currency and not USD.
Two ex-Susi Air pilots in different conversations told me the same numbers putting their pay at the low to middle of the range (as senior pilots). Junior captain pay was significantly less, but I do not recall any specific numbers. Now that I am not in a hurry, I realize I did misspeak about the top of the range - the top end of the range was the rumoured pay one of them heard to get a couple of experienced Porter pilots to return for a short period after a couple Porters got bent. They did not have specific numbers for any other charter operators, as I recall, just that they all generally paid the same.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

I seem to remember reading that the company had switched from paying their pilots US Dollars to Indonesian Rupiah's due to new government legislation. When this happened pilots at Susi Air had their pay slashed just under 15 percent, I read this on PPRUNE.

Maynard
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Maynard »

False. Our pilots get paid $9,700 USD a month (Salary) for 6 months worth of work in Indo and Papua.

I guess I should write something here.
futurebushpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by futurebushpilot »

Maynard wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:26 am

False. Our pilots get paid $9,700 USD a month (Salary) for 6 months worth of work in Indo and Papua.
Care to share which operator that might be?

Bavros
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Bavros »

futurebushpilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:01 am

Wilderness North

Bavros
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Bavros »

futurebushpilot wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:01 am

Wilderness North

Return to “General Comments”