Great Deals on Aviation Fuels

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Great Deals on Aviation Fuels

Post by rookiepilot »

One benefit I suppose of a travel based crisis.....

Epic level oil crash tonight....
---------- ADS -----------

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Great Deals on Aviation Fuels

Post by goldeneagle »

The oil price crash is OPEC falling apart and nothing to do with corona virus hype. The interesting thing to watch, price drop is Saudi armaco and they are giving a bigger discount to North America shipments than elsewhere. It’s essentially a big fu to American producers and telling them that Saudi oil will be available below the cost of production in North America so producers here are gonna go broke.

Will be interesting to see where this leads.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

goldeneagle wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:54 pm The oil price crash is OPEC falling apart and nothing to do with corona virus hype. The interesting thing to watch, price drop is Saudi armaco and they are giving a bigger discount to North America shipments than elsewhere. It’s essentially a big fu to American producers and telling them that Saudi oil will be available below the cost of production in North America so producers here are gonna go broke.

Will be interesting to see where this leads.
Uh, huh.

Where do you think it leads?

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

rookiepilot wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:58 pm
Where do you think it leads?
Dunno. Oil futures 28 and change right now, dropping like a stone. I’ve read predictions of 20 dollars by end of the week.

Gonna be a rough day for Alberta politicians tomorrow me thinks, that much easy to predict.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

And yet, gas is still hovering around $1.40/L in Vancouver. Of course, there's no price fixing...

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

7ECA wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:42 pm And yet, gas is still hovering around $1.40/L in Vancouver. Of course, there's no price fixing...
:roll: How long do you think it takes for that $28 oil to get to the pumps? Hint... We haven't invented transporter technology nor instant refinement.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

AirFrame wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:37 am
7ECA wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:42 pm And yet, gas is still hovering around $1.40/L in Vancouver. Of course, there's no price fixing...
:roll: How long do you think it takes for that $28 oil to get to the pumps? Hint... We haven't invented transporter technology nor instant refinement.
Funny, because a similarly sized increase in prices is reflected at the pump within 24 hours.

Hint. It's not about the transport. It's like tickets to a Canucks game. They charge it because they can.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

AirFrame wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:37 am :roll: How long do you think it takes for that $28 oil to get to the pumps? Hint... We haven't invented transporter technology nor instant refinement.
I'm well aware it takes time to get the cheap gas to market, but it should get to market... eventually.

Oil has been dropping for a number of weeks now, and yet the price of gas has remained stagnant or even risen in the Lower Mainland. As mentioned, if oil goes up the price of gas almost immediately increases at the pump - even though the more expensive oil has not reached the refinery, let along the pumps. Go figure thinking the same would occur if the price of oil declined...

Didn't Irving get it's pecker slapped a number of times due to price fixing, and noncompetitive business practices? Funny how the same thing hasn't happened out here.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

John Horgan was pushing through a transparency act where oil companies would have to account for increases. The day the carbon tax rose a few pennies in BC, gas jumped 30c a litre and oil companies could not account for it. Of course everyone was blaming the federal carbon tax that does not apply to BC.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for lower gas prices unless it’s fuelled by a recession... which in BC is unlikely to happen. We simply don’t have the refining capacity to take advantage of cheap crude oil and no oil companies want to spend billions of dollars on extra refineries for the pleasure of selling us cheap gas. Plus, Canada simply does not have the volume.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:53 amFunny, because a similarly sized increase in prices is reflected at the pump within 24 hours.
Yeah, but an increase doesn't hit you in the pocketbook. If prices dropped the same day oil prices dropped, the fuel already in your storage tanks, that you paid high dollar for, now has to get sold closer to, at, or below (unlikely) cost. Prices going up the same day oil prices rise is gravy. Welcome to capitalism.
Hint. It's not about the transport. It's like tickets to a Canucks game. They charge it because they can.
In reality it's a bit of both.

AirFrame
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by AirFrame »

iflyforpie wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:32 pm John Horgan was pushing through a transparency act where oil companies would have to account for increases.
Right. Which had about the same likelihood of producing useful results as asking Rogers and Telus for transparency on cell signal pricing.
I wouldn’t hold my breath for lower gas prices unless it’s fuelled by a recession... which in BC is unlikely to happen.
Keep telling yourself that.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

I saw regular gas yesterday south of the border for the equivalent of 0.68 / litre after exchange.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

AirFrame wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:39 am Yeah, but an increase doesn't hit you in the pocketbook.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I must be using the wrong money, because every time the price goes up at the pump, it hits me in the pocketbook when I make a purchase.

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

7ECA wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:32 am
AirFrame wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:37 am :roll: How long do you think it takes for that $28 oil to get to the pumps? Hint... We haven't invented transporter technology nor instant refinement.
I'm well aware it takes time to get the cheap gas to market, but it should get to market... eventually.
It's already well-established that we on the West Coast will pay up to $1.60/l for gas. Why should/would a company drop their retail price 'cos of a drop in the wholesale cost, when there's profit to be made for the shareholders?

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

It is fun to bash the oil companies isn’t it?

But if you think that it is oil companies keeping the price up in Vancouver, it is not.
How about all the taxes, fees surcharges, and taxes on all that. They are not being reduced at all.
Why aren’t any of you mentioning this? If oil was free , you would still be paying $1.60 a litre in Vancouver. All car drivers there are right wing, enviro terrorists, destroying your province and not doing their fair share to pay for housing for others, land claims, drug intervention programs.The list could go on..

And maybe, just maybe if pipelines could get more oil to BC in the cheapest and safest way possible, you just might see a drop.

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

North Shore wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 am
It's already well-established that we on the West Coast will pay up to $1.60/l for gas. Why should/would a company drop their retail price 'cos of a drop in the wholesale cost, when there's profit to be made for the shareholders?

If that's an issue for you, go down to your next Vancouver pipeline protest, with baton in hand, and bust some professional protester heads. Since our governments seem to love them all.
Protest capital of the world, Vancouver.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

Hypocrite capital of the world=Vancouver.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

piperdriver wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:25 pm Hypocrite capital of the world=Vancouver.
For sure.

Same people protesting trans mountain are bitching about filling up the SUV to run to the corner store. No one does NIMBY better than Vancouverites.

A genuine housing crisis and they block developers from building new high rises....because it might block the view of the mountains. Batshit

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

rookiepilot wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:10 pm
North Shore wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:46 am

If that's an issue for you, go down to your next Vancouver pipeline protest, with baton in hand, and bust some professional protester heads. Since our governments seem to love them all.
Protest capital of the world, Vancouver.
No real skin off my nose - I can walk to the grocery store 365 days, I can ride my bike to work if necessary, and the kids and the Mrs. can ride also. When we do drive, it's in the most fuel efficient vehicles I can afford.

When I was last in Japan in 2016, gas then was ~$1.50 litre, and you didn't see soccer mums driving around in minivans with 300+HP...

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Double the Gas taxes and double parking costs.

That would do wonders for congestion, and would be a real solution for the climate change advocates. I'm all for it and would happily pay $2 a litre, if the money was funnelled towards transit projects

Return to “General Comments”