US Doctors in Canada

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

MsTouchandGo
Rank 1
Rank 1

US Doctors in Canada

Post by MsTouchandGo »

Hello,

Are there any physicians in Canada that perform FAA medicals (specifically what I believe is called a third-class?)

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

MsTouchandGo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: US Doctors in Canada

Post by MsTouchandGo »

Mapleflt wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:42 am Lots, where are you located between Sea to Shining Sea in this far land
Haha. I'm north of Toronto so I'm going to guess that's the place to go. How do I find their names, or do you have any recommendations?

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

Dr. Trevor Gillmore does FAA medicals.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

AFAIK, you can't get initial FAA medicals in Canada anymore. At least that was the case 3 years ago when I got mine.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

Squaretail wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:45 am AFAIK, you can't get initial FAA medicals in Canada anymore. At least that was the case 3 years ago when I got mine.
I used the FAA's search engine and found 12 doctors in Canada.

Search for "AME" and select Canada.

https://designee.faa.gov/#/designeeLocator

chipmunk
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by chipmunk »

Dr. Knipping in Etobicoke does FAA medicals as well.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:26 pm
Squaretail wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:45 am AFAIK, you can't get initial FAA medicals in Canada anymore. At least that was the case 3 years ago when I got mine.
I used the FAA's search engine and found 12 doctors in Canada.

Search for "AME" and select Canada.

https://designee.faa.gov/#/designeeLocator
You can get your medical renewed in Canada, just not an initial. At least that's what I was told by three of the 12 doctors on that list.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Scuderia »

Squaretail wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:30 pm
You can get your medical renewed in Canada, just not an initial. At least that's what I was told by three of the 12 doctors on that list.
Rules might have changed again or those doctors were wrong because just last month I was issued an initial first-class medical in Canada.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Just go see Dr. Gilmore. He's the most reasonably priced medical examiner in Toronto for an FAA medical (he's actually far more competative than most doctors in the US).

He's been doing both my Can and US medical for years and I highly recommend him.

FYI, I think they need to be a Senior Medical Examiner to issue a First Class, which Dr. Gilmore is. I got my initial with him maybe 5 years ago no issue. My friend had his initial done with him 4 months ago, again no issue.

Return to “General Comments”