Hey TC maybe this is a good time to extend pilot's medical validity

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Hey TC maybe this is a good time to extend pilot's medical validity

Post by Beefitarian »

I would phone your Doc tell them you would like and appointment. Go to work if you can. Get a medical once the Doc phones you and will book an appointment.
---------- ADS -----------

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

phillyfan wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:24 pm So how can one look at this as a seasonal float pilot who is over 40? Who generally does a medical in April in order for it to be valid for the six month season?
The extension is in place to extend the validity period of currently held medicals. If you do not hold a medical of the appropriate category for commercial operations, you're SOL for the time being.

CAMEs have been directed by TC to stop taking appointments until (at least) May 1st. I'd suggest the stop work order will be in place longer than that, and we may very well end up seeing an additional extension granted by TC.

Having said that, do you actually think you'll be doing much in the way of flying this season?

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

7ECA wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:58 pm Having said that, do you actually think you'll be doing much in the way of flying this season?
Won't be any if he can't get a medical. We've lost at least one pilot to that scenario.

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"

Return to “General Comments”